New Old Guy From Upstate New York...

Jamie

Wannabie Member
Jul 21, 2016
I ride a
2004 FLSTC
After seeing you all motovlogging on YouTube, I can't help but give it a go...Went out and purchased a full face helmet to chin mount the GoPro and the helmet I ordered was the wrong size. So while trying to sell it I hooked the Gopro up on my vintage helmet and am going to use a mic that wraps around my ear and extends to my mouth. I have a windshield on my bike so hopefully I wont get any wind noise while using the vintage helmet. I've been riding since I was 16 and never wore a full face helmet. I don't know how you all wear them. I understand the safety aspect of them but the visibility is terrible...Its quite restrictive. Your side to side vision is very limited??? Anywho, glad to be here and look forward to all your posts!
Ride safe and Ride often!
Jamie

SteinerOTR

Wannabie Member
Jul 19, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki
Welcome, and like mentioned current gen full face helmets have pretty good field of view. It's getting to a point where there wont be room for any improvement of the field of view possible. Hope it will work with your screen but i doubt it.

jthomas

jthomas1310
Jan 9, 2016
Australia
I ride a
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Welcome! Neoprene mask with the mic clipped inside it would work for avoiding wind noise.

Jamie

Wannabie Member
Jul 21, 2016
I ride a
2004 FLSTC
Welcome! Which full face did you get? The newer / latest models have much better Field of View than the old ones.
It was a new HJC CL-17...just didnt fit...have to sell this one and get another...thanks

Jamie

Wannabie Member
Jul 21, 2016
I ride a
2004 FLSTC
Welcome, and like mentioned current gen full face helmets have pretty good field of view. It's getting to a point where there wont be room for any improvement of the field of view possible. Hope it will work with your screen but i doubt it.
Thanks

Reactions: SteinerOTR

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I don't know how you all wear them. I understand the safety aspect of them but the visibility is terrible...Its quite restrictive. Your side to side vision is very limited???
I think context matters. When I started riding I was using my Simpson Bandit SA rated helmet that's meant for automotive use. Swapping to a proper motorcycle full face after that was like night and day with visibility. Si I went the other way and find a decent modern full face to be very good with peripheral vision.

MAT

MotoAdventureTales
Aug 17, 2016
Thessaloniki Greee
I ride a
Transalp 700 (soon)
Hello there m8. Although i am a new rider my self i went for a Dual Sport helmet (AGV AX-8 DS EVO) cause when i tried it i had a very good and clear field of view.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Introduce Yourself! 11
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts