New camera hunting..........what should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Go to the red text to skip the story telling bit.
So i began my motovlogging life at the start of this year, since then i've been using the MD80, despite what most people say i've found it ok. However since it only cost a teener it does have lots of negatives. Now that i know i enjoy motovlogging and can do it reguarly, i think i owe it to my slowly growing amount of subscribers to get a better camera, in HD with a wide angle lens of some description. However being a student my budget is limited. I want something around £100 and it doesnt have to be a purpose built helmet camera, although one would be great a normal HD camera that people know works as a motovlogging camera is fine with me. So whats your suggestions as to what i should get.

I am poor, need HD camera around £100

LifeInDecibel

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR
Depends on if you want in helmet or a outside of helmet camera. If you want in helmet i have to recommend the Sony Bloggie PM5. I recently got one and I love it. The audio is crystal clear and with the swivel lens you can make sure you get the perfect angle. Oh, and it can shoot in 720p at 60fps.

As far as out of helmet I don't know what to tell you. The drift is popular bust isn't cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
try picking up a used contour or go pro on ebay, but not the one extreme has for sale at the moment, it has my name on it!

RobLSV

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Bournemouth, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
I'm selling a full camera setup (HERE), but I'd be willing to sell the Contour HD 1080p for £175 standalone with a 2GB miniSD. It may be a bit out of your budget but it's a decent price for a fairly new piece of kit in great condition.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
RobLSV said:
I'm selling a full camera setup (HERE), but I'd be willing to sell the Contour HD 1080p for £175 standalone with a 2GB miniSD. It may be a bit out of your budget but it's a decent price for a fairly new piece of kit in great condition.

Yeah I saw it, I'd have to think about it a lot. Not sure I can afford that much. God I hate being unemployed.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
pizzaonaninja said:
I suppose you could attach one of this to your helmet.... :D

41PoQY9MTrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I thought about it, but it was to lightweight, thought I might keep thinking it had fallen off

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Defiantly think I'm going to get the bloggie, where's the cheapest place to get one?? Or is it eBay

bakker46

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Veenendaal
fzr600rw.blogspot.com
I ride a
Kawasaki zr7-s suzuki ux150 Triumph 3TA
Chessecake94 said:
Defiantly think I'm going to get the bloggie, where's the cheapest place to get one?? Or is it eBay

Not so long ago a bought a GE-DV1 for 60Euro it's a great little cam with good quality video. Try googling it for reviews there is a good one somewhere on youtube.

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
Re: Re: New camera hunting..........what should i get?

Chessecake94 said:
Or is it eBay
Thats where I got mine from. Dafobra suggested ebay in a vid of his if i'm not mistaken. Think I got mine for like $55 USD.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Just bought a contour (not extremes) for 125, in my experience (this being my 4th camera) you'd be better to do that than save 20 quid again!

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Isn't Prem187 using the Bloggie ? or did use the Bloggie ? It's a really good camera. Think about attachment before purchase otherwise u'll be stuck.

I bought the MD80 and I watched a video on YT about it being used in a Helmet but that didn't workout as planned and kept falling down in my helmet, Go Pro, Contour have fixed mounts so helmet set up is fine.

I'd Say Bloggie for your budget.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
I've been using the md80 so far and it's been fine, to start with it would work so I emailed them and they sent out another one free, and I didn't have to send the original back. Then I realized it was not charging because of a crap cable. So started using my Sat nav cable to charge then both. So now I have 2 for the price of one :)

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)

Chessecake94 said:
What angle is the lens on the Sony bloggie??
The bloggie we are all refering to has the rotating lense. So you can adjust it. Or are u referring to the angle if view?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a

c90ftw said:
The bloggie we are all refering to has the rotating lense. So you can adjust it. Or are u referring to the angle if view?

I meant like the view angle, like wide angle ect.

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
Re: Re: Re: New camera hunting..........what should i get?

Chessecake94 said:
c90ftw said:

By no means is it wide angle. Its a standard view. What I did on my first vlog was put a $10 wide angle lense on the front of it. I got the lense from dealextreme. It works really well since it is magnetic and still fits under my helmet. Maybe I should add to the list a helmet cam setup video...

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Re: Re: Re: New camera hunting..........what should i get?

c90ftw said:
Chessecake94 said:
c90ftw said:

By no means is it wide angle. Its a standard view. What I did on my first vlog was put a $10 wide angle lense on the front of it. I got the lense from dealextreme. It works really well since it is magnetic and still fits under my helmet. Maybe I should add to the list a helmet cam setup video...

Is it this one?? http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-1mm-160- ... cams-15237

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 18

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts