Nerves

gixxer lee

Wannabie Member
Dec 29, 2014
I ride a
Gsxr 600 k2
Hi all happy new year,

Just after some advice I did my first vlog on some fake leathers that I was conned with and for some reason I was really nervous and the video came out crap have a look on my channel to havea look if you would like and give me some pointers as I admit myself its not good only just got a mic for when out ridong but dont want to sound so nervous. Do you script your videos when not on the bike or just go with what comes out

thanks for any help

my youtube name is gixer lee - im not posting this so i get views or likes just after some advice if this isnt allowed please let me know or remove it thanks

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Go with what comes out, doesn't take long to get used to it. You can always record the vlog twice as you go, as you'll have said it before, and also know where you meased it up before :)

gixxer lee

Wannabie Member
Dec 29, 2014
I ride a
Gsxr 600 k2
Thanks mate my new mic should be here tomorrow so off out to do some test runs

Kill Kitty

Wannabie Member
Aug 27, 2014
I ride a
Honda CB500X
Hi all happy new year,

Just after some advice I did my first vlog on some fake leathers that I was conned with and for some reason I was really nervous and the video came out crap have a look on my channel to havea look if you would like and give me some pointers as I admit myself its not good only just got a mic for when out ridong but dont want to sound so nervous. Do you script your videos when not on the bike or just go with what comes out

thanks for any help

my youtube name is gixer lee - im not posting this so i get views or likes just after some advice if this isnt allowed please let me know or remove it thanks
I do the same thing. Mainly because when I do a vid like the one you are talking about I get real self-conscious that my neighbors will think I'm talking to myself. I also have an issue where it's more like I think I come off as way more serious and subdued than I am in real life...kind of like I haven't broken out of my shell because of the camera if you know what I mean. Anyway. I kind of try to imagine I'm talking to a friend, like I'm just making a video for them to watch. Probably the more frequently I do a vlog, the more I will get to show my true personality. I think this is just a hurdle for shy vloggers.

Resistor

Wannabie Member
Dec 21, 2014
Alberta,Canada
I ride a
1994 Suzuki GSX-R 750 W
I know the feeling buddy. Just keep doing it. it will get better I never uploaded my very first vlogs as they were crap. the more you do it the easier it gets. I find that riding with someone and just shotting the shit is one of the best ways to get things out. As you are more active talking to that friend you almost forget that you are recording. and most of the time you get great content due to just how you are with your buddies.

Spray190

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2015
I ride a
BMW R1200GS
So far I have done 3 vlogs (number 3 is uploading at the moment) and hell you learn a lot about yourself very quickly, on one of them I tried to go on a set plan which was a bit boring, the first one was just bad and the one I am uploading at the moment was unplanned and very random (but was great fun to edit), so as a newbie I think you just have to play around and just pretend the camera isnt there, just chat to yourself, or pretend you are on the phone to a mute.

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
As stated by others, I'll reiterate the "try lots and see what works" method.

The only way to learn is to do.

Artopure

Artopure- Florida Vlogger on Youtube
Feb 2, 2015
I ride a
2006 DRZ-400sm
I just started motovlogging myself, and what I found out worked best for me was to just ride around and talk to myself, so I could get over the awkwardness of talking to myself. I have my camera running every time I ride just in case something happens. So if I think of something to talk about I will, but I rarely upload any of it.

I think we all critic ourselves more than others do, so just keep doing it until you get comfortable.

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
...even if in the end, if what works is by going the RoyalJordanian route, then so be it ;) .
Very true, you don't have to talk to be a motovlogger. You can do a pure video log of your experiences, with no voice over at all.

Reactions: RoninK6

Nerb

Seriously not serious
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Motard: Husky610
Adventure: KTM1190 Adv R
I often say the same line 3 or 4 times and just edit the one that sounded right. You can do anything with editing!

Reactions: HeresDave

MeGustaMoto

Wannabie Member
Jun 26, 2013
I ride a
1995 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
I often say the same line 3 or 4 times and just edit the one that sounded right. You can do anything with editing!
Exactly what I do! When I get gas and try to discuss how much it takes me to fill up, I usually say hey guys like 5 times and say the same lines over and over and over again until I like what I said haha
Very true, you don't have to talk to be a motovlogger. You can do a pure video log of your experiences, with no voice over at all.
Exactly! You can always do a "Let's Ride" and just put edits and music with you riding some awesome back roads!

Wanderlust

Wanderlust8760 - A German Motovlogger on Youtube
Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE
I also have to say the same line a few times until I'm happy enough with the result. But I noticed I got better from recording to recording. For me it's really useful to have a simple plan of the things I want to cover in my video, but don't try to memorize exactly what you want to say.

SpartanHDX

Wannabie Member
Dec 22, 2014
I ride a
Your name rings a bell, I have seen you around YouTube :D

What helps me is talking as if I'm the only one listening. Bascially, just talk to yourself! Scripting doesn't work for me as I'm pretty good at improvising, so talking to myself works for me. But as others have said, see what works for you :)

HeresDave

Wannabie Member
Nov 27, 2014
I ride a
BMW R1200GSA
Silly bit of advice from someone who used to talk for a living: When I was a comedian I used to record every single show I did, then the next day, transcribe it highlighting the "ums," "eers," and any words I wasn't happy with. By doing this I was able to become really economical with my word choice. It's wild to see how stilted our speech really is! I'm not as diligent as I used to be, but it's a technique to recall when need be.

MeGustaMoto

Wannabie Member
Jun 26, 2013
I ride a
1995 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Your name rings a bell, I have seen you around YouTube :D

What helps me is talking as if I'm the only one listening. Bascially, just talk to yourself! Scripting doesn't work for me as I'm pretty good at improvising, so talking to myself works for me. But as others have said, see what works for you :)
Just like SpartanHD said, talk to yourself, don't plan on saying something, just do it! Plan a topic and go for it!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts