Near-future Vlogger from SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gymkhanadog

Wannabie Member
Nov 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Nighthawk 700S
So I got steered over here after having a brief dick-measuring argument over on the good ol' Tube of You regarding riding safety and whatnot. I came, I saw, I registered. :)

To follow a suggested course of action by a previous post (stickie it!), here are my life's deepest and most intimate secrets...

Primarily I keep to 'GymkhanaDog' on the moto side of things. Yes, there is a point to the handle/nick and no it's not hard to figure out.

Well, I'm originally from New Jersey but I haven't been there in years. I actually hail from the smog capitol of California; Southern California. Yeah, that's a whole generalization of this sucky place. I wanna go back to NorCal, it's clean(er) and prettier! At least it's legal to split lanes here.

I'm an IT weeny, which means I never get to wear the "No, I won't fix your computer," shirt. I work for a small IT company down here that services medical practices and actually a number of pretty neat clients in different industries. I like puppies, and flowers, and things that explode on contact with anything. Oh, and also motorcycles.

I currently ride a 1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S with future aspirations to someday either get a 2007 Bandit 1250s ABS (2007 was best model year, using top-tier vendors for parts), or an old ZRX. Sometimes I ride my partner's Bandit 1250s.

Been riding for about 8 years now on what ever I could ride, really. Started with a GS750E while my KZ440 was torn apart being built in the garage. The GS was totaled when someone jumped the double yellows into the protected carpool lane in front of me to escape stopped traffic for traffic moving at a decent clip. F'd up my hip and unfortunately the forks and frame got badly tweaked on the bike. Those engine case protectors did their job damn well, though! My partner has a custom chassis for it that we just need to swap the old motor in to, thankfully. Rode the KZ440 for a while until a piston ring collapsed, blew out the oil sight glass and soaked my foot with boiling hot oil; still looking for new and affordable rings for that thing. Sure, there is no replacement for displacement but that little KZ is a blast to ride. :D Rode the hell out of my partner's Bandit 1250 and still ride it whenever I can; it's a fantastic ride. Rode my 700S until a shift fork broke while on the freeway and brought me to a screeching halt; yes, on the freeway. The #2 lane actually. During rush hour traffic. I figure that's the only reason I'm walking around today and my bike is in one piece. Currently the engine is done being rebuilt with 'new' forks, transmission and totally brand new clutch, just waiting on an oil line and then said engine goes back in to the bike and I'm back on the road.

I'll be doing the vlogging thing to hopefully meet some people, throw some thoughts out, maybe get some people arrested for doing stupid and dangerous stuff. But in reality vlogging is only secondary to wearing the camera for safety. In California, drivers are crazy. Drivers don't like Riders and sometimes do everything that they can to kill you short of hitting you intentionally - and even that is a stretch at times as I've had cars thrown at me for doing nothing except existing.

I just recently got a helmet-compatible camera and chose to pick up the ContourHD 1080P since it's being liquidated over at Amazon for a buck twenty ($120). First one was screwed up, but I finally got a good replacement. I have the mount 3M Dual Lock'd to the side of my helmet and the footage is pretty nifty. I may also do a top-mounted setup. Audio capture will be done once I pick up a small audio recording device (like a solid-state memo/meeting recorder). Once I can afford a better camera, I'll trade up for something that has audio-in.

You can see what little I have up and online from earlier in the year when I first started doing slow and practice maneuvers as I delve ever deeper into the sport of Bike/Moto Gymkhana on YT here. I need to cut/edit/comment on my most recent ride on the Bandit and first ride with the new camera. Maybe in the next couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gymkhanadog

Everyone be safe, keep the shiny side up and remember to always close the lid on the death thingie!

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
welcome to the fourm

MadzBiker1

Wannabie Member
Oct 24, 2011
I ride a
Aprilia RS50 ( Previous )
Yamaha YZF R125 09 ( Previous )
New bike reveal soon ;)
Hey and welcome! : )

gymkhanadog

Wannabie Member
Nov 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Nighthawk 700S
josh94zz said:
welcome :D thats some story you got there too pretty interesting .. how did you get off the freeway?

Thanks!

Thankfully the large work truck following me was paying attention, stopped in time and then proceeded to use his truck to block lanes for me as I pushed the bike across from the #2 lane to the shoulder with a locked up rear wheel. Lots of huffing and puffing, heaving and hoing loaded down in riding gear with a completely full top case in the baking morning sun.

After that, it was wait on the side of the road, watch someone almost take the bike out because they weren't paying attention and locked their brakes up, sent their car sliding very quickly off onto the shoulder, then on a tow truck to home. Jerry-rig an adjustable rear stand to wheel it in to the garage.

josh94zz

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 R
gymkhanadog said:
josh94zz said:
welcome :D thats some story you got there too pretty interesting .. how did you get off the freeway?

Well thats pretty cool of the Lorry driver! :D but Close call with the car then eh? But i guess all is good now then :)? Lookin forward to your future vlogs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts