My Vulcan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans5.8

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2013
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
This is my baby! She's been all over the place with me. Even took my wife and I on our honeymoon. After 20k miles on her I kinda feel like she's my best friend! Hey, don't make fun! It's a great bike, and it's never let me down! Still a work in progress, still have a few things to do. But getting there!

2012-12-09

2012-12-07

2012-11-01

Parked alongside my wifes bike (before I had the hard saddlebags on, looked kinda goofy);

2012-08-27

Chris033081

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2013
Western Washington
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson XL1200C-ANV
That is a great looking bike...The hard bags do go better with the rear hard case.

You were not kidding, that thing is about as big as some of the H-D Road Kings.

Romans5.8

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2013
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Chris033081 said:
That is a great looking bike...The hard bags do go better with the rear hard case.

You were not kidding, that thing is about as big as some of the H-D Road Kings.

Thanks!!

As a matter of fact, it's a couple inches longer (just the frame, not even counting the hard case and bags!) and wider than a Road King or Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Despite being a 900cc motor, it's a BIG bike. It also has a much longer wheelbase. That's what I like about it. Those big V-Twins put off a lot of heat and suck up a lot of fuel. This 900cc twin provides PLENTY of power (all I need, some folks haul 600lbs+ in a trailer behind them, while riding two up on these 900 Vulcans), but doesn't get hot, I get 45-50mpg, and the bike itself is as big as the 1600, 1700, 2000cc bikes. Perfect combination! For me anyway.

Being overhead cam, fuel injected, etc. etc., it develops quite a bit of power. Comparable with previous generation Kawasaki twins in the 1500-1600cc range, and just a little shy of Harley Davidsons 1700cc pushrod V-Twins. Half the size, way less heat, way less fuel, and almost as much (or as much or more depending on who you compare it to) power? Perfect!

Of course, it pales in comparison to the horsepower of an inline-4 in the 900cc range from the sportbikes. But it's got a lot of torque, and accomplishes it's power at a much lower RPM than the sportbike engine, leading to a lot more reliability, less maintenance, and a smoother/easier ride. (Sort of like a souped up small block V8 vs a big Detroit Diesel in a tractor trailer. Both produce about the same horsepower, but the Diesel has a lot more torque AND can produce that power for a million miles without any serious repairs, wheras the V8 may need a rebuild after just a couple races!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts