Shoutout MotoVloggers Need to Help Each Other Motovlog.com

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Pulled this off the video comment. I figured it would be best to not put the feedback for the entire YouTubiverse to see:

Hey there! I understand the shout out concept but there is "basking in reflected glory". It seems just saying and linking folks is a minimum effort.

However, true colabrative videos seem to show more effort because of time involved. Shameless promotion here so far I have done one with Northfork Vulcan, Hippo-Drones, and March 1st is Mr. G. My goal is to get 12 for the year. Figure even with audience overlap, there is a chance a few of my folks will see them and follow plus they can run the same on their channel too.

So maybe that can be something others can do too. It is not easy with time difference and IT issues, but it can be done. Imagine if the other regular posters chimed in with a video once a month not just mentioning someone else, but also either interviewing that creator or featuring clips of their content?

I have been giving each of the folks the input on if they want to be part of the endeavor, if they want to do an interview or just have me talk them up with some of their clips, and the style (serious, semi-serious, or just comedic). So far the live interviews have taken a few retakes but everyone here wants to put up the best content so that should not be a problem.

Just my thoughts on it. Thanks for running the site. I definitely enjoy the interaction.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Yea I agree with @R-Rated , if you really want to promote each other, a bit more effort is better than just "Hey! Check this guy out!"

Put yourselves in the viewer's shoes, or your own for that matter when watching videos for your own entertainment. What kind of value do these list of channel videos honestly give to viewers? Hardly anything, it's not entertaining, it's not thought provoking or a topic of interest, it's just....there.

Good cross-promotional content should still BE CONTENT in and off itself, whether if it's an interview, or probably hanging out with each other pulling dank whoolies.

A good example of how to cross promote is the partnership between serpentza and laowhy86, and their subsequent ADVChina joint channel. It is all cross promotion but each video has value in it's own right.

JW Gortney

Wannabie Member
Nov 22, 2017
I ride a
2002 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
Is there a place on this forum I can post a link to my channel? Don't wanna post it in the wrong spot and cause problems. So far I have a hefty I sub following. Lol. Id love to snag some more. Not really looking to monetize just wanna get some more views.

JW Gortney

Wannabie Member
Nov 22, 2017
I ride a
2002 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
Also have zero problems supporting other motovloggers. I feel like we have a great community. I agree just a shout out isn't always as effective as it could be with a bit mlre effort. Some back and fourth videos are fun. Like a tit for tat kinda thing. Just keep it fun and tasteful.

Reactions: RoninK6

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
A shout out is far from as effective as any proper inter-channel content, but it doesn't have to be a 2-way endeavor, how about video responses? Bring 2010 Youtube back in fashion! It's also a nearly free topic for when you have nothing new to say otherwise.

Reactions: JW Gortney

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
A shout out is far from as effective as any proper inter-channel content, but it doesn't have to be a 2-way endeavor, how about video responses? Bring 2010 Youtube back in fashion! It's also a nearly free topic for when you have nothing new to say otherwise.

Good idea - My main thing is that I can't watch everything :) I have to keep it easy for me or mods to manage, and only valid if posted on this site

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Good idea - My main thing is that I can't watch everything :) I have to keep it easy for me or mods to manage, and only valid if posted on this site

Tbh, it's on you to regulate how much of a workload you get.
I'll suggest that motovloggers who feel that their content qualifies for the promotion would either post the link to their vlog thread in a seperate thread for evaluation or message you about it. That way non-valid vids will be excluded from the pool of promotable vids.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Dan has very kindly offered to promote shout out videos, I think it best to keep it simple with just those types for the moment. Dan would you be able to add in the video type drop down menu "shout out" to help identify those that could be eligible. Put some rules on it that it isn't for vlogs that are about something else with a 30 sec shout out tagged on the end?

Reactions: dandoolittle

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
While we can’t watch everything, if you think something is worthy, then use the “Report” button, then all mods can see it, and we’ll have a look. Using report doesn’t affect yours, or anyone else’s account standing, it just highlights the post to the staff.

Beware of narcissism!!!

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Dan has very kindly offered to promote shout out videos, I think it best to keep it simple with just those types for the moment. Dan would you be able to add in the video type drop down menu "shout out" to help identify those that could be eligible. Put some rules on it that it isn't for vlogs that are about something else with a 30 sec shout out tagged on the end?

I’ll do one now. Wanna make a sticky thread? I’ll have a *shoutout* drop down so people can. Ale their own thread in post your video blah.

You can make the rules

Reactions: HYF and HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'll sort a sticky later this afternoon :)

Reactions: HYF

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I’ll do one now. Wanna make a sticky thread? I’ll have a *shoutout* drop down so people can. Ale their own thread in post your video blah.

You can make the rules
Hahaha, I am not allowed to post in here lol, think the settings are broken?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
..... hmmm, nope, not fixed, says I can't post a new thread for another day!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts