MotoDistancing

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
In this time of sheltering-in-place, social distancing and self-quarantining many of us are finding it harder to get out to ride, group ride, or to take day long or longer trips as we've settled deeper into the midst of this global pandemic. Does this mean an end to riding or motovlogging? Far from it, but I'd like to propose an idea - MotoDistancing - a video group meet for our members here for a (first time?) face-to-face session where we can introduce ourselves, our bikes, get caught up, talk about how we're doing and any future plans.

Think of it as Motovlog Happy Hour. We can do this via Google Meet, Zoom, or another platform if it's prefered. The real trick is timing as many of us live in different parts of the country/world/time zones. When I was teaching my classes online the earliest I could start was 10 am EST because that meant any student I had on the West Coast had to be in front of their camera by 7am (he lived in Vancouver, BC), which I didn't think was too early.

My thoughts are that we can record the entire session and then each participating member can use it as part of their own motovlog. For example, if a member has the file clip of the session, and they select the part where they are talking about their next motovlog they can cut to that actual clip, and that now edited version can be their next post, with our MotoDistancing segment serving as a set-up prologue.

If anyone is interested, post here, or add any suggestion. For example, we can limit ourselves to just talking about our bikes and motovlogging, and not touch on political, or current social events, or, because it's a Happy Hour, everything's on the table for talks and banter. We can't chemically edit who we are, and that can be part of the power of this idea.

Also, if this has been done before, sorry if I'm late to the party,

- Wolf

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I am game and I am int CST. I can do virtual meet via Google Hangouts or even Facebook messenger. I see FB added the ability to do a room setting. Another platform is Skype.

Just a heads up, my wonderful wife has to use my PC camera for her work where she is teaching a new system rollout for part of the corporation she works for. So I may have to figure an alternative . . .

Given my real world job schedule, I should be able to participate after 3:30 pm CST M-F and on the weekends though I might have to chime on on the phone.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Thanks Anthony. Working out a schedule will be our first priority. I'm familiar with Google Meets and Zoom, though I prefer Google Meets as the scheduling interface for Zoom is overly complicated, and people can also crash a session.

- Wolf

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Thanks Anthony. Working out a schedule will be our first priority. I'm familiar with Google Meets and Zoom, though I prefer Google Meets as the scheduling interface for Zoom is overly complicated, and people can also crash a session.

- Wolf
I will check out Google Meets.

We would not want Zoombombers. I suspect we will have enough of our own chaos.

Reactions: scooterwuf

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I can definitely spare an hour of time. Its still shelter-in-place here so I've been mostly home all day. We can start by grouping people who are interested?

Reactions: R-Rated

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts