spicy110

Wannabie Member
Sep 30, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Pulse Adrenaline 125cc
Hi all

Im a moto-vlogger http://www.youtube.com/user/spicy110

I noticed lots of moto-vloggers never show their faces. As of now I have not, But i plan to! I think it makes so much more sense if you show your face. You can connect better with people when you see their face, I believe anyway! Dose this call come form m13 never showing his face or a sense of secrecy?

Do you show you face?

If not! Why?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Most people don't deliberately not show their faces, but most of the time we're behind the camera, and there's no point in doing a video just to 'reveal' our faces. Oh and didn't you know all motovloggers are ugly barsteds.

POPE5HAT

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2011
I ride a
Chessecake94 said:
Oh and didn't you know all motovloggers are ugly barsteds.
Speak for yourself mate ! HA .

But seriously i wouldn't, the question is why would you want to ?. Viewers do not give a crap about what you look like only what you talk about and how turd/epic your videos are.

...... but if you do happen to look like a calvin klein model then by all means. Go Ahead :)

spicy110

Wannabie Member
Sep 30, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Pulse Adrenaline 125cc
POPE5HAT said:
the question is why would you want to ?.

The human brain loves faces! Thats why People see faces where they are not! the moon clouds a burnt bit of toast!
Its the putting a face to a name thing! if you see what i mean!

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
POPE5HAT said:
...... but if you do happen to look like a calvin klein model then by all means. Go Ahead :)

You letting us all know you have a thing for Calvin Klein Models? ;) :lol:

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
spicy110 said:
The human brain loves faces!

YES! You are spot on mate, viewers can 'connect' with you much better if they have seen your face. After all it's the first thing you see when you meet someone in real life!

The human brain is hard-wired to want to see faces, it's an amazingly important part of human interaction. Just as an example for YouTube, can you think of anybody with over 100,000 subscribers whose face you have not seen?

So in my opinion if you have the opportunity then it is a good idea to talk 'eye to eye' (or eye to lens I guess) with your viewers in some of your videos. There's no need to do that in every single one. I think 'svengalie' is the perfect example of how to do this, he talks to the camera sometimes, and in some videos he is just riding his bike.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlaVAxqECTs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5nDKRqRQQc[/youtube]

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.
Chessecake94 said:
Most people don't deliberately not show their faces, but most of the time we're behind the camera, and there's no point in doing a video just to 'reveal' our faces. Oh and didn't you know all motovloggers are ugly barsteds.

+1
It depends on what you do really. If you have vids of you doing wheelies at 120mph down the highway, it may not be wise to show your face or number plate! I don't have a problem with showing my mug and actually never thought to much about it. I may have traumatized women and small children without ever knowing it!

MisterX

Wannabie Member
Aug 15, 2011
www.TopEnd.tv
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki Z1000 & 2003 Triumph Speedmaster
I show my face in every single episode. Hmmm... I wonder if there's any correlation between that and a sever drop in views.

:D

POPE5HAT

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2011
I ride a
AZZ3R said:
POPE5HAT said:

You letting us all know you have a thing for Calvin Klein Models? ;) :lol:
the odd woman on the female perfume adverts yes. Sorry to upset you AZZ3R but I don't do the fellas :D

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Never intentionally showed my face, its not on one of my videos I don't think but its on loads of other peoples.
Never really thought of it.

RideXRide

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Radford, VA
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636
I don't deliberately hide my face, for some odd reason it just always seems to be behind the camera, lol. Only thing I deliberately hide is my license plate. One, if I do something illegal I'd rather the police not be able to find it. Second, a license plate number gives people the ability to find out a lot of your personal information.

Premises187

Wannabie Member
Jul 31, 2011
I ride a
Suzuki DRZ400sm
I get enough people recognizing while I'm on my bike. I wouldn't really want it any other way. About a week ago a subscriber approached me when I was wheeling my bike out of my house... that's just not cool man.

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
Premises187 said:
I get enough people recognizing while I'm on my bike. I wouldn't really want it any other way. About a week ago a subscriber approached me when I was wheeling my bike out of my house... that's just not cool man.

o_O stalker?

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
I'd always be paranoid about it.

1. If someone from somewhere recognised me, especially if I rant about a workplace or people.

2. The whole 2 worlds colliding thing.

Got to say I subscribe to most if not all of you under another youtube username and as a subscriber I've never wanted to see your faces. I find those that request it in the comments a bit weird.

In premises case, now a subscriber knows where he lives, he also knows some of the security precautions he takes for his bike (previous vlog content)

If he sees a vlog talking about a future trip away he knows when noone will be home... Sinister and verging on paranoia maybe but yeah, I've no need to see your face, I sub for the banter and the other content.

Or in p187's case the combat filtering and the mcn attention grabbing "idiot driver" call outs :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Bloke said:
I find those that request it in the comments a bit weird.

Lol so do I, the people who ask that to (for example:) M13 all the time are as creepy as you get. M13 has decided to keep his identity private and that is 100% fine, it's up to him, it's up to everybody to decide for themselves.

Bloke said:
If he sees a vlog talking about a future trip away he knows when noone will be home... Sinister and verging on paranoia maybe but yeah

Ultimately showing your face means very little, by seeing your face they don't know where you live, they don't know what security you use. The fact that others know what you look like doesn't really affect your privacy, it's good to focus more on not revealing your address/no.plate/etc. And the fact that Premises has been recognised despite never showing his face just shows how little hiding your face actually does to protect your identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts