Most comfortable

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
In my latest blog I discuss the most comfortable bikes I have ridden, why that matters to me, and how the bikes mentioned stack up against what I own currently. I am wondering what your take is on comfort, it's importance or lack their of, and what you have ridden that is on the high comfort end of thingd

Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
As long as my wrists, knees and ankles are comfy I'm golden. I'd rather have a harder seat that I can move around on than a really soft one I'd sink into! :)

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
A little insider thing about me, when I get tired - my legs ache about 6 or 7 out of 10. This leads to loss of concentration and might even make me fall asleep.

So to combat the effects of pain, I need a bike that keeps me interested as a distraction. Long distance trips can be monotonous. Radio, CB, MP3, phone integration all help. Also wondering, "What is that noise?" Thank goodness H-D offers quite the library of mysterious and changing sounds at times.o_O

Reactions: HippoDrone

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
As long as my wrists, knees and ankles are comfy I'm golden. I'd rather have a harder seat that I can move around on than a really soft one I'd sink into! :)
Mobility over comfort/
willing to sacrifice ass =]

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
A little insider thing about me, when I get tired - my legs ache about 6 or 7 out of 10. This leads to loss of concentration and might even make me fall asleep.

So to combat the effects of pain, I need a bike that keeps me interested as a distraction. Long distance trips can be monotonous. Radio, CB, MP3, phone integration all help. Also wondering, "What is that noise?" Thank goodness H-D offers quite the library of mysterious and changing sounds at times.o_O
The mystery noise scares the bajeesus out of me. I would not enjoy that

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Having broken my back and pelvis 10yrs back, I have to move my lower spine about otherwise it aches right into the bones and I also get sciatica down my left leg which really messes with my biking stamina I can't shift it for days, so it is better for me to be able to move it about rather than let it settle into a bum-groove. If my wrists are comfy they can go all day, if my knees are comfy I can relax on fast corners and if my ankles are comfy, my duff right ankle doesn't lose feeling and I am able to use the rear brake.
I guess I fell off bikes way too many times when younger! :D

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Having broken my back and pelvis 10yrs back, I have to move my lower spine about otherwise it aches right into the bones and I also get sciatica down my left leg which really messes with my biking stamina I can't shift it for days, so it is better for me to be able to move it about rather than let it settle into a bum-groove. If my wrists are comfy they can go all day, if my knees are comfy I can relax on fast corners and if my ankles are comfy, my duff right ankle doesn't lose feeling and I am able to use the rear brake.
I guess I fell off bikes way too many times when younger! :D
Dam! It's amazing you still ride so often. True rode warrior. You must really love it. =]

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
It's only a time thing for me.

All bikes become uncomfortable its just a matter of how long you can last.

My main issue is monkey but on my FZ. My legs do hurt a little but a quick stretch sorts me out.

The thing that saves me most of the time is the poor fuel economy, meaning I'm stopping after 1.5 hours anyway

MotoNordic

Moto Nordico
Aug 11, 2018
Sweden
www.motonordico.com
I ride a
Honda CBR 600
I really love my current bike for just that, it’s an Cbr 600f and I guess considered a sport tourer so even at original you sit really well.
I also swapped the clipons so now they’re at a more leveled angle, this makes it up to me if I wanna ride really sporty with my chest glued to the tank, or as I most often prefer to sit almost straight up!(or anywhere in between).

The only time my knees felt really terrible was on my way home after a three day trip at 2200 km, other then that it rocks ✌️

My previous bike, the NTV 650 Revere was a standard bike, also seated straight up but not the same power or sporty, really nice torque though.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I really love my current bike for just that, it’s an Cbr 600f and I guess considered a sport tourer so even at original you sit really well.
I also swapped the clipons so now they’re at a more leveled angle, this makes it up to me if I wanna ride really sporty with my chest glued to the tank, or as I most often prefer to sit almost straight up!(or anywhere in between).

The only time my knees felt really terrible was on my way home after a three day trip at 2200 km, other then that it rocks ✌️

My previous bike, the NTV 650 Revere was a standard bike, also seated straight up but not the same power or sporty, really nice torque though.
I have a buddy who does major long distant rides. He told me multiple times that I should get off of my bike once every hour for at least ten minutes.

MotoNordic

Moto Nordico
Aug 11, 2018
Sweden
www.motonordico.com
I ride a
Honda CBR 600
I have a buddy who does major long distant rides. He told me multiple times that I should get off of my bike once every hour for at least ten minutes.

Yeah I guess that only does good for you.
While I was at my long distance trip I actually had to stop for gas pretty much evere 200km, while on highway that ment pretty much very 1,5-2 hours and at my “destination” I went to different city’s visiting friends and family and also stopped every now and then.

But of course, after that many hours on the bike in few days my body still was a bit sore on the way home.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts