Status
Not open for further replies.

josh94zz

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 R
Hey Guys so i havent been able to Start my moped Since it got MoT on the 21st october as i have been really busy i went outside earlier on today to see if it would start But it wont it doesnt have an electric start so you have to kick start it (the button is there but no connection which is strange) but I made sure the Connections to the battery where fine and not loose and they were all good so im now stuck on what to do next when you kick start it it gives the little chug as if it wants to start and im holding in the brake and twisting the accelrator but nothing Any help IS Greatly appreaciated :)
ITs a Motor roma stinger ll Incase That is important

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Take the spark plug out and spray some WD40 well down into the cylinder, then use a lighter to heat up the spark plug nice and hot. Put the spark plug back in, hold the throttle open a bit and give it a few quick kicks, it will start!

josh94zz

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 R
gpzDave said:
Take the spark plug out and spray some WD40 well down into the cylinder, then use a lighter to heat up the spark plug nice and hot. Put the spark plug back in, hold the throttle open a bit and give it a few quick kicks, it will start!
Ok Thanks you i will try this :)

josh94zz

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 R
Friz said:
Sure it passed the mot? :p
Lol Yep it worked perfectly fine then it just not been started for a while as i havent done a cbt yet waiting to do it on wednesday and i go to work and come back and forget to Run it :(

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Try holding the Front Brake & start it.

Most/ quite alot of 50's come with a saftey start. if not try both brakes or just the rear if no luck.

Run down the street, jump on & kick the bike it should spin over and fire, if it doesn't and you think you've given it a good enough kick a few times.

Check the Spark Plug, Starter Motor, or if you feel like a mechanic, maybe the Ignition Coil for damage.

Let us know the case after you've tried these.

josh94zz

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 R
AZZ3R said:
Try holding the Front Brake & start it.

Most/ quite alot of 50's come with a saftey start. if not try both brakes or just the rear if no luck.

Run down the street, jump on & kick the bike it should spin over and fire, if it doesn't and you think you've given it a good enough kick a few times.

Check the Spark Plug, Starter Motor, or if you feel like a mechanic, maybe the Ignition Coil for damage.

Let us know the case after you've tried these.
I will try looking at the Spark plug and starter motor not the Coil though as im only a trainee mechanic :) but i cant run down the street with it atm as its not taxed Due to me not having done a Cbt yet and DVla took their time to correct their mistake on my liscence and i dont want to risk getting a fine for my bike being on the road as a lot of police tend to drive down my street :(

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
If it's not taxed make sure it's sorned.

You now have to keep vehicles always insured and taxed or sorned or you get automatic fines through the post.

Your fuel tap is in the right position right?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

josh94zz

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 R
Bloke said:
If it's not taxed make sure it's sorned.

You more have to keep vehicles always insured and taxed or sorned or you get automatic fines through the post.

Your fuel tap is in the right position right?

We are all sorned up :) and what is the fuel tap? sorry i havent learnt anything about Mopeds or motorbikes yet :)

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
josh94zz said:
sorry i havent learnt anything about Mopeds or motorbikes yet :)

Best to leave the spark plug where it is for now then ;)

Some bikes have a reserve light instead of a fuel tap but if your bike has one then it will be somewhere between the fuel tank and the carburettor. But if you haven't touched it then don't worry, unless the MOT testers put it off... The plot thickens. :shock:

josh94zz

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 R
The plot thickens. :shock:[/quote]
haha That made me laugh
but i dont think that the Mot Tester did anything To it i could be wrong but didnt seem like they touched anything like that lol i sat and watched but also it started first time when i got it back home?

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
josh94zz said:
and what is the fuel tap? sorry i havent learnt anything about Mopeds or motorbikes yet :)

josh94zz said:
im only a trainee mechanic :)

take it to a garage, they will sort it . & if its a simple job u'll only pay around £30 or less, if its something they cam just sort there and then. (maybe spot a problem you havent)

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Do your cbt :p the instructors go over the basics of fuel taps, brake fluid and coolant and oil or read the manual, you can normally find them online using google.

I'm just thinking maybe you're caught the tap when locking up or something, probably isn't that but you have to check the simple stuff first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts