R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Hi there,
What mic without a 10ft cable would you recommend to use with a media mod mounted on helmet?
What type of helmet are you using? I am assuming a full face or modular - I had a great luck with Sony ECM-CS3 but after over 50k miles, I have switched to the Purple Panda.

I am not impressed with the stereo quality of the Panda but it does handle my Bane/Vader breathing better.

Both will require some tucking of the excess wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Solution: Gaffer's Tape. I bundle my Purple Panda mic cable with gaffer's tape and then use another piece to stick it to the side of the helmet. It ain't too pretty but it works well.

-John

• Love
Reactions: R-Rated

diega666

Wannabie Member
Feb 17, 2021
I ride a
BMW F650GS '06
Ñ
Thanks for the inputs.

Yes, it's an Arai Xd4, full face.

I have a Boya tie clip mic but it has an insanely long cable. I found a mic from an old bt comm setup, I will get my soldering tip and try to improvise a solution.
My media mod will arrive on Monday. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: R-Rated

diega666

Wannabie Member
Feb 17, 2021
I ride a
BMW F650GS '06
I use this mic on my all my GoPro setups, it is cheap, it has a short lead that stays in place when you bend it and for me (in my opinion) gives great audio

It is also the same mic Shadetree Surgeon uses too! :)
Thanks for the link.
I just bought a similar one, and it was Boya, not sure, if Boya is good, but all my mics are Boya. Had to buy a TRRS to TRS adapter in order to work with the media mod. I found a Rode one and it was twice the pe$o$ of the mic!:confused:
I just made a mounting tutorial right now, and tomorrow I will give it a test ride.
Thanks again for the help!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Thanks for the link.
I just bought a similar one, and it was Boya, not sure, if Boya is good, but all my mics are Boya. Had to buy a TRRS to TRS adapter in order to work with the media mod. I found a Rode one and it was twice the pe$o$ of the mic!:confused:
I just made a mounting tutorial right now, and tomorrow I will give it a test ride.
Thanks again for the help!
The mic I linked is a TRS so wouldn't need an adaptor to connect it to the Media Mod

diega666

Wannabie Member
Feb 17, 2021
I ride a
BMW F650GS '06
@HippoDrone
Yes, I see that.
It really helped me a lot anyways, to give me an idea of what I needed.The mic indeed was too short, by adding the adaptor, it reached the media mod perfectly.
The mic is a Boya BY-UM4 and the adapter is a Rode SC-3, in case someone was wondering.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tarmacjapa Camera Setups 6
Skyd Camera Setups 3
nophix Camera Setups 4

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts