Meme overload

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Hey all,

I just finished editing my second vlog, but I found that my first two are a little meme saturated. I'm just wondering what you do to keep your videos entertaining. (I don't know if plugging my channel here is against rules since I'm new to the forum lol, but it's on my profile if you want a peek). Anyways, any feedback and advice is appreciated!

Reactions: Rambo

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
Hey all,

I just finished editing my second vlog, but I found that my first two are a little meme saturated. I'm just wondering what you do to keep your videos entertaining. (I don't know if plugging my channel here is against rules since I'm new to the forum lol, but it's on my profile if you want a peek). Anyways, any feedback and advice is appreciated!

being entertaining is a matter of opinion, i can't stand some of the most highly watched channels out there as they're boring as frig :)

being an awesome story teller is probably the best way. in my personal opinion, which is usually the opposite opinion to everyone else, i feel the whole meme thing is done for as far as popular culture goes, so i find a video with them... kind of lame. that's my pure opinion though and 100% probably doesn't echo with everyone else.

i just realised i subbed to the wrong channel, there's some other madlad channel out there with 1.2k subs...

just watched your second video, i don't know of any of that meme but that was friggin' awesome haha

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Thanks so much for all the kind words man, I'll definitely keep them in mind! I think the video I just finished is a decent story (I just have to work on not pausing and stuttering so much LOL)

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
i see what you mean now in the first video too. i don't think that's overdone. i think it's fine. when you said meme i was thinking like rage faces, wojak characters etc, not stuff like that

but yeah. the best editing and best visuals in the world can't make up for a well told story. something from the first video you seem to have down pat.

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
i see what you mean now in the first video too. i don't think that's overdone. i think it's fine. when you said meme i was thinking like rage faces, wojak characters etc, not stuff like that

but yeah. the best editing and best visuals in the world can't make up for a well told story. something from the first video you seem to have down pat.

I'm hoping to get both up to par! lol

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
First, you should make what you enjoy making ;)
If you have the feeling that it might be to much, dial it down a bit and see how it feels.

Secondly, you can switch, do a couple of more relaxed ones and then one over the top ;)

I can really enjoy the vlogs from @MotoGinji , who does quite some editing as well.
Maybe not memes perse, but they are edited in that way.
With the right mind set it is great to watch.
So if your subscriberbase gets used to that there ain't no problem ;)

Reactions: R-Rated

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
First, you should make what you enjoy making ;)
If you have the feeling that it might be to much, dial it down a bit and see how it feels.

Secondly, you can switch, do a couple of more relaxed ones and then one over the top ;)

I can really enjoy the vlogs from @MotoGinji , who does quite some editing as well.
Maybe not memes perse, but they are edited in that way.
With the right mind set it is great to watch.
So if your subscriberbase gets used to that there ain't no problem ;)

Hahaha thanks for the input man, Lol sometimes I feel like the video goes on for too long without some editing magic (So maybe I'm in that sweetspot right now? lol)

So far I'm having a great time though! :D

Reactions: Meifesto

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Well Madlad you are doing something right because you are getting a good amount of views given how new your channel is.

Or maybe my channel is just doing bad, LOL!

I haven't put any memes or snapshot reaction stuff like that into my vids, I've been keeping mine focused on telling a story plus good riding footage with the occasional picture thrown in now and then. I'm still new at this so I'm still learning with every new vid, but my channel is growing very slowly so I may have to look into changing things up a bit. I think I'll give it half a year before I re-evaluate how I'm doing things, for now I'm just having fun with it and learning more with every step.

• Love
Reactions: Madlad

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Well Madlad you are doing something right because you are getting a good amount of views given how new your channel is.

Or maybe my channel is just doing bad, LOL!

I haven't put any memes or snapshot reaction stuff like that into my vids, I've been keeping mine focused on telling a story plus good riding footage with the occasional picture thrown in now and then. I'm still new at this so I'm still learning with every new vid, but my channel is growing very slowly so I may have to look into changing things up a bit. I think I'll give it half a year before I re-evaluate how I'm doing things, for now I'm just having fun with it and learning more with every step.

Hey enjoying it is the most important part! It's doing alright I think mostly because I bombarded my friends with instagram posts ahaha

Rambo

Wannabie Member
Apr 26, 2020
England, UK
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSX650F
Hey all,

Hey dude can I ask what software you're using to edit?
Thanks!

Reactions: Madlad

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Hey dude can I ask what software you're using to edit?
Thanks!

Yeah man, I just use Sony vegas 15 to edit, and then I do some stuff in Photoshop CS6 (like editing the pictures I put in my videos etc..)

Reactions: Rambo

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts