Making Social Media Work For You.....

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Now I am not saying this is a foolproof way to grow, but this is a quick grab of reach from a 20 second video I shared. It won't lead to every viewer subscribing to my channel, but if in just one hour I can reach nearly 1000 people with a targeted post, it WILL lead to growth on my channel. You may not like the social medias, but they like media. Get on the train and grow!
This snapshot is just from one social media platform, the same post has had reach on other platforms too, but my main focus currently is on my Facebook page for my channel
You can all get this, so very easily if you want it! You just need to put a little effort in. Come on, go out and win a little victory! You can do this!

reach.jpg

Riderguide

Wannabie Member
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
I ride a
BMW F800GS
So you've not done a paid promo, how've you targeted it? :) I'm aware I can go in to other pages and post my stuff but concerned of being accused of spamming pages.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Damn crazy! People definitely need to get into social media and I need to get more into it, I've been so lax.

How are things this morning?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
So you've not done a paid promo, how've you targeted it? :) I'm aware I can go in to other pages and post my stuff but concerned of being accused of spamming pages.
I have joined relevant fb groups and shared on there. I don't just share my videos or clips though, I join in on other posts etc. Just like on here, you get out what you put in!

Reactions: Riderguide

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Damn crazy! People definitely need to get into social media and I need to get more into it, I've been so lax.

How are things this morning?
It is a great tool for helping grow a channel.
The video clip now has reached over 3600 people and will probably be over 5000 by the end of the day.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
:) So in less than 24hrs this has been viewed well over 5000 times. It'd be aces if we could get these views so easily with our YouTube videos, but sadly it doesn't work like that. My Facebook page however has had a nice spurt of growth in followers and page likes. I had hoped to get it to 1000 followers by the end of the year, but I think that is optimistic, I may hit 900. Onwards and upwards!
I'd love to see you all have a go at this, those that use FB etc. Remember most FB groups have some basic rules, so try not to fall foul of them. Groups about your specific bike, or bike manufacturer are a good place to start. Don't be spammy, and try not to make the posts look too much like you are posting to gain subs/followers etc.
If you give this a go, stick up some screen grabs below to show how effective you are reaching folk. Am sure between us we can give each other pointers in improving!

fb tool.jpg

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Aye, folk seem adverse to watching a YouTube video, but will watch a short clip uploaded directly to FB. We can tap into that by making teaser videos from the full video and sharing the teaser on the various groups etc with a link to the full video, or inviting those who like the video to like your FB page, as that will lead them into watching your YouTube vids too! :)

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
Aye, folk seem adverse to watching a YouTube video, but will watch a short clip uploaded directly to FB. We can tap into that by making teaser videos from the full video and sharing the teaser on the various groups etc with a link to the full video, or inviting those who like the video to like your FB page, as that will lead them into watching your YouTube vids too! :)
Yes. I'd just come to that conclusion. Teaser Taster Snippets.
Another tool in the arsenal. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts