Feedback Needed Made a cool intro for this vlog I'm really proud of!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Heya, The intro looks like an advert for coffee and is too long, keep it below 15s and maybe make it relevant to what you vlog about? (unless you are sponsored by the coffee company?) The video description could do with a little more info on the individual vlog; jumping in with a "give me money" on the 2nd line is a real turn off for me.
Your audio is great though :)

Reactions: RiderInRed

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've edited the link, it should play from the start now! :)

The intro is very polished and very well put together, my previous comment was a bit harsh, but I do think an intro should be relevant to the channel and should also be short so folk don't just skip it! :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I like the arial camera work/ espresso making editing. I purposely stopped it before the riding so I can guess what the topic is about.

You are either showing the viewer the start of the day or your video is going to be relaxed and chill based on the music. Maybe you check out a couple cozy hotspots like the local bookstore, jazz brunch, picnic by the lake...

So without me viewing the rest of the video that is my impression. Kind of taking the audience from in inside your daily life into your motovlogging world or just showing what is to come in n the video.

If you did the same cinematic style but with a different subject would be cool. Maybe one of putting on socks or checking the mail or even just walking down the street nodding to passersby. They could be a series theme so that when all the intros are put together we get a film of you as a person even if your face is never shown.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Good intro. It has a ‘Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee’ vibe. I would suggest pushing your sounds to have a stronger punch to under score how crisp each of your cuts are. R-Rated suggestions about using more B-Roll footage of differed locations and settings to and color and atmosphere to your intro is good advice too.

I’d also suggest looking at the editing style of Edgar Wright who thinks in a dynamic and cinematic visual style.

- Wolf

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
For me after going to the extent of filming making that coffee, I wanted to see you sit down in front of the camera and drink it and speak about the upcoming video. That way it would have all tied in together.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really really appreciate every single bits of it!

I've been debating whether I should appear on the camera yet or not. I'm thinking legal repercussions lol.

As for the cuts and audio and all the other feedback, I'm just starting to put a lot of effort into my English vlogs and I've stopped doing any in the local language. I thought the local audience might be a good target audience but there's just a lack of people here in the moto/car industry. With the switch, I'm quite inspired to make good looking videos again and will try my best to up it any possible way!

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Cool intro, but only for this vid, 'cause like others mentioned is a intro for a coffee shop

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
On the intro front the little bit of drone footage would have been enough for me. Though the coffee was well shot. In general very well edited. Well worth a sub ;)

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
On the intro front the little bit of drone footage would have been enough for me. Though the coffee was well shot. In general very well edited. Well worth a sub ;)
Thanks man, I've done some more intros since then like this one:

I basically try to keep every opening to the video unique! I really appreciate your kind words by the way good sir!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts