Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Sounds like they still got well over $60k's worth of bikes, and from the article, the shop is not covering the loss and the customers are having to claim off their own insurance. If my bike got stolen from inside a motorcycle showroom... That dealership would be footing the entire bill!

Bike thieves are utter scum, I bet they think this is a victimless crime too!

Last edited:

MachKneel

Insta : @flex_and_freedom
Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Harley Davidson Softail 2021, Yamaha R6 2005
Sounds like they still got well over $60k's worth of bikes, and from the article, the shop is not covering the loss and the customers are having to claim off their own insurance. If my bike got stolen from inside a motorcycle showroom... That dealership would be footing the entire bill!

Totally agree but I know of a certain Harley dealership that I frequent and they have a disclaimer about this very thing at the front door and behind the desk/service reception also, and I think its even in the small print of headed paper too!!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
That is disgusting to see. :( low-lifes.

Amen.

Of course, it does not help when the same dealer a few years ago employed a known associate of an outlaw gang that was fired only after getting arrested for a murder and conspiracy to hide the person's body.

Have to hand to the bad guys though. Pretty smooth the have drive out tags ready just in case anyone stops them.
"Honest officer, I just bought this bike."

Of course the butterfingers that dropped the bagger in the doorway will probably not be around long for the next heist.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
HippoDrone the owner of the shop wouldn't out right say that they would cover anything, they never do because why would they want to take responsability if they aren't legally required. There will be a negotiation betweeen the customers insurer and the shops, and they will both get their money for bike and damages. It would be so much easier though and keep insurance rates lower if people just said, "Yup, stolen from my shop, here's the money at value of the bike." Then go haggle with their own insurance company saving the customer time and frustration. And why do these places have glass doors with no pull down gates? Or at least a locked bar across the entrances that a motorcycle can't be pulled underneith? Simple measures can stop many theives from even attempting to steal stuff because they know time is of the essence and if they see small but diffinitive measures in their way, they will avoid trying. Opportunity + time of execution + ease of management of items is a pretty straight forward equation used for casing a joint. I know this from research for writing projects, not actual implimentation.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
If the theft happened within the shop and the bikes are handed over to the shop, i.e. work order or such, then I think the shop is fully liable for full compensation either paid out of the company's insurance or such. I don't believe it is right for the customer to bear any responsibility as the shop should have had strict security to prevent such things from happening.

If I remember there was a case in my country where the Ducati dealership was flooded and many customer bikes in the workshop was damaged, I think the dealership had to fully take the responsibility for damages. Plus over here people rarely opt in for natural disaster coverage in their vehicle policy because it rarely happens (so we assume anyway).

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts