Status
Not open for further replies.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
The Ninja 250R is a great little bike to start on if you have been riding a sit up or a crusier.

Reason why I chose a 650 over a 250 or 400 was because soon as the restrictor comes off I'll be used to the bike completly. top speed is 120(so they say) I've seen it hit 140. and restricted it will do 120 so it's enough speed and due to it being a V-twin all the grunt is low end.

My 125 was just as quick as most 250's if not faster so me getting on a 250 would be pointless (The way I see it)

coming from a YBR which top out around 80 so theres a speed difference, brakes will be miles better, engine will be just as smooth as it's still a 4T, tourque will be alot better so you'll feel like your on more of a bike.

MysteriousVlogger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Oldham - UK
I ride a
Granny in a dark alley...
AZZ3R said:
The Ninja 250R is a great little bike to start on if you have been riding a sit up or a crusier.

top speed is 120(so they say) I've seen it hit 140. and restricted

Dude you like only just got your bike how did you get it to 140 already?!!!???

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
MysteriousVlogger said:
AZZ3R said:

No, not just yet ;), soon as I can get it to road and racing I'll put it in the dyno check the stats and possibly go and hit the M/way, being restricted it should touch 120, un-restricted it should hit 140 I'll do a run on both before and after my restrictor. because videos I've watched aren't clear on the SV's speed as most of the english/american vids are crap quality or they are from europe and can't understand or see anything.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I've never seen a restricted 600/650 go past 100 without a big struggle.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
AZZ3R said:
MysteriousVlogger said:
AZZ3R said:

hit the M/way, being restricted it should touch 120, un-restricted it should hit 140 I'll do a run on both before and after my restrictor

If you do that you deserve to lose your license for the safety of all the other road users and the general opinion of bikers. Bikes are about more than speed, they have to be useable, fun, cheap enough and suitable to you. I'll consider any bike, i'm not gonna rule anything out because of capacity.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
+3

You'll learn very quickly, speed is boring.

It's the sensation of acceleration, curves and most of all the feeling that nailing the perfect 180 degree bend gives you, feeling the back squat down as you apply a little power and hear the engine whine up as you go through... You may only be doing 20mph, you may even only be on a cg125, it may even only be a motorway slip road, but you've got your arse cheek off the seat, you're kissing the mirror and screaming "yeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!" in your helmet.

It feels bloody awesome.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, go to a rwub event at santa pod. Costs hardly anything.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts