Indian Motorcycle FTR 1200

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Not quite the FTR 1200 Custom Concept bike but pretty interesting. Has a lot of simiarities to the Ducati Moster to my eye.

What about ya'll?

FTR 1200 Custom Concept

Indianftr1200concept.jpg

FTR 1200 Production Model
Indian-FTR-1200-gear-patrol-slide-011-1940x1300.jpg

Here is a link to an article about the release with tentative dates and prices with more pictures of the new model.
Indian Motorcycle FTR 1200

Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think the production version looks hideous in standard trim, but fit an aftermarket high level exhaust with de-cat and then sort the headlight and front mudguard out it will be far closer to the prototype than KTM managed with the 790 Duke! :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I was impressed with the Scout as is so this looks a good bit lighter so power to weight is something to consider. May be a contender to replace the MT-10 on my wish list.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I think the production version looks hideous in standard trim, but fit an aftermarket high level exhaust with de-cat and then sort the headlight and front mudguard out it will be far closer to the prototype than KTM managed with the 790 Duke! :)

I'll bet dollars to donuts at least three companies already have the specs so they can start fabricating exhausts for every type of rider experience this bike can be used for and the look the owner wants. As for the headlight, well for me all modern style headlights are ugly as hell as function superseded form a long time ago.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited

Makes sense S&S would be there...

FUN FACT (for us motorcycle geeks): S&S made the engines for the 99 and 00 year models and then in 01 when Indians board decide to make everything in house, the "Jarhead" officially called Powerplus 100 were still S&S. After the Indian company fell again, one could buy S&S round jug engines complete with the Jarhead tops.

http://www.choppersurplus.com/np/engines/ss/92.html

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I'll bet dollars to donuts at least three companies already have the specs so they can start fabricating exhausts for every type of rider experience this bike can be used for and the look the owner wants. As for the headlight, well for me all modern style headlights are ugly as hell as function superseded form a long time ago.

Seen one set already

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Shade Tree Surgeon on YT put out a vlog on this and brought up some very valid points like for instance that exhaust would burn the shit out of your leg, not to mention how thin and uncomfortable the seat would be!

I think the production model would be an absolute blast!

Braaaaap!

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Shade Tree Surgeon on YT put out a vlog on this and brought up some very valid points like for instance that exhaust would burn the shit out of your leg, not to mention how thin and uncomfortable the seat would be!

I think the production model would be an absolute blast!

Braaaaap!
Of course it would. But exhaust covers could be applied. And it is supposed to be uncomfortable. You need a small uncumbersome seat to shift around on. If you get this bike and you decide you like flat tracking you will need another bike. But if you u purchase a sport bike and want to do a track day. Your pretty much good right off the show room floor. Hmn...... capability matters?

Reactions: R-Rated

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Of course it would. But exhaust covers could be applied. And it is supposed to be uncomfortable. You need a small uncumbersome seat to shift around on. If you get this bike and you decide you like flat tracking you will need another bike. But if you u purchase a sport bike and want to do a track day. Your pretty much good right off the show room floor. Hmn...... capability matters?

I get what you are saying.

Id think if you wanted to do flat track you would build or buy a flat track bike surely?

A purpose built one which is light as can be and not road legal?

The Indian is primarily a road bike which leans on flat track heritige is it not?

Id rather be comfortable sitting in traffic or ripping up twisties than burn my leg and be uncomfortable and not legal for the duration of what I would ride the bike for?

As for capability matters you will have to expand as I'm not sure what you mean?

Remember though all this is my oppinion and I am not trying to convince anyone - just my thoughts.

Reactions: Mr. G

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think what @Mr. G is getting at is that this isn't supposed to be a cruiser and it shouldn't be judged as one, it should be a balls out wheel spinning, engine snarling beasty, and with that mindset, I'd take a hot exhaust over a comfy seat any day of the week! :)

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
J
Ust saw the accessories for this bike. The touring stuff is really sleek. You can get a comfy, usable bike that does all your day to day stuff while looking dam good.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I'm kinda excited by this fine machine. Its actually something different from all the stuff that gets churned out.

The Australian price is a little high for my liking though.
It will be a bit high here as well. But looks as good or better than some much much higher priced bikes

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts