Feedback Needed I'm always on the lookout for feedback!

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
If anyone has a few minutes and wants to watch my videos, I have 2 that I'm especially proud of. The first is my LiveWire test ride video, and the second is my moto vlog setup video.

I would love it if someone more knowledgeable than myself could watch a couple of my videos and give me some pointers to increase my production quality, engagement, subs, views, any way to grow my channel really.

LiveWire Test Ride:

Moto Vlog Setup (Half helmet, with audio tests)

Mods, if I did something wrong, let me know :)

Enjoy!

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Just watching the audio set up vid, I think you are doing quite well considering the mic is so exposed. I tried doing an open face setup a while back and it was an utter fail, so I know you must have put some serious testing time to get what you managed. Sadly in the UK if I rode around at 30-40mph on the roads I ride, I'd have a tailback of very frustrated cars behind me probably so a full face helmet with mic in the chin piece is the only option for me.
I loved the PIP in the cardboard cutout at the start. That was really nifty, especially as it stayed in place when you angled and moved the cardboard :)
Just gonna watch the other vid now....

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
My one bit of feedback, is that the audio sounded good, but the music was really loud compared to your voice. I ended up having to go back and forth on the audio controls. That can turn people off, if you normalize the audio so it is easy to just watch without the music being much louder than you talking.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
My one bit of feedback, is that the audio sounded good, but the music was really loud compared to your voice. I ended up having to go back and forth on the audio controls. That can turn people off, if you normalize the audio so it is easy to just watch without the music being much louder than you talking.

Thanks for that! I played around with the music track volume and thought it was OK, but upon further review, it does sound a bit loud... I'll keep that in mind for the future videos I'm working on!

Just watching the audio set up vid, I think you are doing quite well considering the mic is so exposed. I tried doing an open face setup a while back and it was an utter fail, so I know you must have put some serious testing time to get what you managed. Sadly in the UK if I rode around at 30-40mph on the roads I ride, I'd have a tailback of very frustrated cars behind me probably so a full face helmet with mic in the chin piece is the only option for me.
I loved the PIP in the cardboard cutout at the start. That was really nifty, especially as it stayed in place when you angled and moved the cardboard :)
Just gonna watch the other vid now....

Thanks - yeah, we have a great mix of roads around here, anywhere from 25 to 65mph speed limits. I try to pick the slower roads (Like I said in another thread) so my audio is clearer, and they tend to be twistier anyway, which adds to the video.

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

Painey

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2020
UK & Florida
I ride a
2019 Harley RGS
Found the mic placement vid interesting. I am about to start motovlogging ( when I can get back to `Florida) and ride a Road Glide, I wear a half helmet and was thinking I am going to have to get a full face to do audio clearly. Looks like that’s not true :)
I will be using a GoPro Max (no audio jack) so gonna have to use a seperate audio recorder but that’s my next hurdle to cross, but well done

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Audio vid is good mate, and yeah you've clearly done some serious testing prior to deciding on final product. Quite a talented post edit too with little touches like the cardboard ipad type thing.

Will check out live wire in a bit.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Found the mic placement vid interesting. I am about to start motovlogging ( when I can get back to `Florida) and ride a Road Glide, I wear a half helmet and was thinking I am going to have to get a full face to do audio clearly. Looks like that’s not true :)
I will be using a GoPro Max (no audio jack) so gonna have to use a seperate audio recorder but that’s my next hurdle to cross, but well done

I recorded on my phone from my SENA mic, but the audio was terrible. Just a word of caution. I suggest getting a Tascam or something similar to do the audio, and then just do 2 or 3 claps in front of the camera to sync up in post.

Audio vid is good mate, and yeah you've clearly done some serious testing prior to deciding on final product. Quite a talented post edit too with little touches like the cardboard ipad type thing.

Will check out live wire in a bit.

Thanks! Yeah, the placard idea was a challenge for myself, and I think it succeeded.

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I agree sound is good, its working well for you.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I agree sound is good, its working well for you.

Thanks!

I have several videos ready to post to YT, I'm just spacing them out. In the mean time, I had to put off winterizing my Vulcan 800 Bobber, so I may do some audio tests on that and add them to the newest Audio Test video. My Harley is in for service and it's gonna be there at least a week, so I got out my 800 to ride in the mean time.

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts