Status
Not open for further replies.

MotorBiker2012

Wannabie Member
Jan 9, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
NINJA 250R
About 5.50pm today my ex-door neighbor was on her way out of morrisons and this stupid kid pulled out of my ex-neighbor accelerateing pretty hard not even looking to see if it was save to go or not then the next thing my ex-neighbor hit the kid and then the kid hit the bonnet and rolled off, lucky for him he wasn't injured but just shocked, there is a couple of dents on the car and the kids bike is broken but i will explain it better in a video i will make on sunday as i will be out and about

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
JollyRoger said:
Did you see or read the post about grammar?

Hehe, I thought it was slightly confusing. "stupid kid pulled out of my ex-neighbor accelerateing pretty hard" < I'm lost from here.

I'll write it how I understand it.

A stupid kid was humping your ex-neighbour & pulled out pretty hard? I don't know what goes up there :arrow: :roll:

Take a minute to re-read over what you've put, otherwise it's a pointless thread.

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n
Okay, I'm gonna give this a go:

MotorBiker2012 said:
About 5.50pm today my ex-door neighbor was on her way out of morrisons and this stupid kid pulled out of my ex-neighbor accelerateing pretty hard not even looking to see if it was save to go or not then the next thing my ex-neighbor hit the kid and then the kid hit the bonnet and rolled off, lucky for him he wasn't injured but just shocked, there is a couple of dents on the car and the kids bike is broken but i will explain it better in a video i will make on sunday as i will be out and about

TRANSLATION:

About 5:50pm today, my neighbor was on her way out of Morrison's. This stupid kid pulled out of my neighborhood accelerationg pretty hard. He wasn't even looking to see if it was safe to go or not. Then, the next thing you know, my neighbor hit the kid. Then, the kid hit the bonnet and rolled off. Lucky for him, he wasn't injured, just shocked. There are a couple of dents on the car, and the kid's bike is broken. But, I will explain it better in a video that I will make on Sunday, as I will be out and about.

---------------
You may not write English, but surely you speak it. We will await the video. I am not sure if my clarification is 100% correct.

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
Since we're jumping up and down about grammar........

OP your YouTube page says you're from the UK so there's a U in neighbour :p

lauriejennifer is from one of the colonies so the missing u, though somewhat strange (as if it was decided that the silent U was superfluous), is not technically missing so it's understandable :D

Also basil is not pronounce bayzil, memo is not pronounce me mo, presentation is not pronounced pre sentation and tea is a FAR better drink than coffee but more difficult to make perfectly.

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
SqueakyBrakes12 said:
Regardless of all this grammar talk aside..... Poor kid lol

+1

Everyone understands whats being put, and to try and mark someone down for their grammar on an informal forum is pretty sad. People talk in many ways, have different literacy levels and I doubt they joined motovlog to be preached to about their improper writing skills. Lets put this nonesense aside and focus on what's important, a fly kid.

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
Or maybe, as the kid wasn't hurt as the OP stated, people should remember we humans are pretty much unique as we have a sense of humour. Well some of us anyway.

noddydon

Wannabie Member
Jan 6, 2012
Kent UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Jinlun 250-2
Personally I agree that "Text talk" belongs on mobile phones and should not be used on forums. However, this is a global forum and as such English may not be the posters first language. Some tolerance and understanding may be required in these circumstances.

As stated this is a personal view......

Don

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
Chuckles85 said:
SqueakyBrakes12 said:
Regardless of all this grammar talk aside..... Poor kid lol

+1

Everyone understands whats being put, and to try and mark someone down for their grammar on an informal forum is pretty sad. People talk in many ways, have different literacy levels and I doubt they joined motovlog to be preached to about their improper writing skills. Lets put this nonesense aside and focus on what's important, a fly kid.

I was not trying to put him down for grammar on an informal forum. I found his post hard to read and understand coherently, and believe I have a good understanding of the English language. Since there was recently a thread about writing posts so more people can understand them, it was worthwhile to point it out.

As for people not speaking English as a first language, I would say those people are prone to spelling mistakes rather than "txt spk", but since the OP mentions Morrisons, I assume he is in the UK where English is the first language.

I'm by no means perfect in spelling and grammar - far from it, but it's worth the extra effort when writing to make it as easy as possible for people to understand, including those whose first language is not English.

MotorBiker2012

Wannabie Member
Jan 9, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
NINJA 250R
i know my grammar is rubish on this subject but i tent to not wright as good when im ill but hopfully i will get a vlog up tomorrow about this topic, my stupid illness and a little life update

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Hope you get better mate, loads of colds and flu going around at the moment.

On the grammar thing, Google Chrome has a built in grammar/spell-correct function built in. I like it because I'm pretty bad at spelling and it means I can be lazy and let the computer sort it out :)

Here's a download link, it's free.

https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=ECWC&installdataindex=welcome-google

MotorBiker2012

Wannabie Member
Jan 9, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
NINJA 250R
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO