I quote "Chavs on 125's" And the Learners we all once where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSvBiker

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Kent
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650s
Hi there,

Hope you are all well :) This is not a an attack, nor is it me getting my pants in a twist, it is mearly a point that I'd like to put acrossed.

I was watching a Vlog from a well respected member, and might I add very good and interesting videos that he has.. A comment was made about learners...
We all know that some of the Tyipical "Chavs" in the UK, generally buzz round on their scooters and 125's and think their the dogs Bo**ocks, and we all secretly want them to bugger off...
But can we remember that not all learners are Chav's and we all started out with L's at somepoint.
Don't want to fall into a Chav Category.... ;) we just gotta start somewhere ;)

Ride safe peoples

POPE5HAT

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2011
I ride a
Re: I quote "Chavs on 125's" And the Learners we all once wh

Very True , but you can usually tell the chavs from the normal riders who take their own safety first.
We all did and still do fly the "L-Plate" flag, but the minority always makes it worse for the majority of riders, the few who ride recklessly and have no care,put all bikers in that category.

Touchy subject and i expect this to get many replies :)... controversial indeed

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250

TheSvBiker said:
Hi there,

Hope you are all well :) This is not a an attack, nor is it me getting my pants in a twist, it is mearly a point that I'd like to put acrossed.

I was watching a Vlog from a well respected member, and might I add very good and interesting videos that he has.. A comment was made about learners...
We all know that some of the Tyipical "Chavs" in the UK, generally buzz round on their scooters and 125's and think their the dogs Bo**ocks, and we all secretly want them to bugger off...
But can we remember that not all learners are Chav's and we all started out with L's at somepoint.
Don't want to fall into a Chav Category.... ;) we just gotta start somewhere ;)

Ride safe peoples

I agree with what you are saying, but i was never a chav. I had my moments. without selling ice to eskimo's so to speak. I had a lot better understanding them the majority of riders that i represented.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

I am sure he meant it with no malice. I'm afraid it is easy to tar, and i'm sure many of us have a chav reflex that works along the lines of guilty until proven innocent, but this only makes the proving of innocence more gratifying.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion

Pedboi's are typically found riding 50cc scooters minus L plates, or maybe just the one probably wearing shorts and t shirt and trainers.

Alternatively in colder weather can be found in fashion jeans, boxers exposed and wearing a hoody.

To them a moped is a prop used to score "bad boy" points with the ladies. Studies have shown they hold a mistaken belief in the law of noisy rattling which is that the louder and more irritating a sound their moped makes (think can jammed in pushbike tyre hooked up to an amplifier) the cooler they become.

Typically found riding 5 abreast across the entire road, or riding down cycle paths or pavements. They usually stop riding after being flattened by an artic.

Being caught for riding without a helmet, insurance and no mot or tax doesn't phase them, without a licence it simply means they don't agree to abide by those pesky rules.

Other L platers, I always give a nod to.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S

Oh dear. I seem to have mentioned something along these lines in my latest video, something that a few people have picked up in the comments bit.

If it was me you are talking about then I'm sorry. I was talking about the people exactly like Bloke is talking about in the post before this one.

If its not me, I'm still sorry! :)

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R

You can usually tell a 'Chav'/ 'Scally' to a focused 125 rider.

-Gear
-Road Postioning
-Riding Recklessly
-No Respect for other road users

I've been behind a 'Chav' on a scooter sat behind him while he was rev'ing the bollocks of his moped & we were only sat at a zebra crossing. After weirdly him going the way I was he was filtering in traffic which was moving around 20mph, he didn't care who was on the road just he wanted to get to the front.

I've also seen a 'L' plated moped carrying another person while non' of them had any form of gear gloves would have been a minimum but nope.

I live in Manchester you see so yes I get/see quiet alot of chav's asking me about my bike. the question I always seem to get is.

"Pull a wheelie mate" why do chavs have an obsession with being on 1wheel?

TheSvBiker

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Kent
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650s

Bloke, That is a fantastic definition .. Made me Chuckle :D

And Friz, Honestly my friend, Don't worry, I was mearly praying that being a learner didn't automaticly put me in a "Chav Category" The last thing I need right now is having to spend money on a Burberry Motorcycle Jacket and P Diddy style Crack hat!! Saving for an SV is hard enough as it is..lol :shock:

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n

AZZ3R said:

They have frustrations about being able to get things up?

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Re: Re: I quote "Chavs on 125's" And the Learners we all onc

lauriejennifer said:
AZZ3R said:

rofl :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust

A chav in jeans?? Nice meltable trackies are more accurate. I agree with everything thats all ready been said, chav's are pricks. But i couldnt care less because its only themsleves their going to hurt, and thats their problem, i just feel sorry for all the bikes the mistreat and total.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R

lauriejennifer said:
AZZ3R said:

Hahaha, that made me wake the house up.

DRider

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Workington, Cumbria, England
I ride a
Currently:

Honda CB500 Cup 1997
Suzuki GSX600F 2000
Honda CB650 Nighthawk SOHC 1982

Previously:

Yamaha Virago XV535 1989
Suzuki 125 VL Intruder V-Twin 2004

Chav drivers of any variation piss me off, but especially on learner vehicles or motorcycles, because then they are at a HUGE risk (oh yeah, and they give learners like me a bad rep. ;))

I sometimes think, "Well, it's alright, they'll get what's coming to them.", but I don't WANT them to have a big impact accident to make them change their attitude, I don't think anybody should have to go through that, even cock jocks like them. The sad fact is, you will continually get show-off morons on mopeds and bikes, who continually get injured and make motorcycle rider's reputations get progressively worse. The most I can really do is, seeing one, stop beside him and give him a holy bollocking.

Especially on a bike, safety should come above all else, if not VERY highly in your chain of priorities, but they seem to go against anything they were taught at their CBTs and their lessons, and that really pisses me off, as it's an absoloute disgrace to everybody else on the road.

This really added nothing whatsoever to the topic, but sod it, I felt left out. Maybe when I'm less tired I'll say something of interest. Love u aw'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts