[how To] Third Person Camera Rig (cheap)

Dark Rider

Wannabie Member
Jan 4, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSR 600
Hey guys!

So heres a quick video of my work in progress 3rd person camera rig. I still need to sort out a lot of issues with it but so far its working pretty well I think!

Let me know your thoughts :)

Reactions: BigGreek

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Nice, still seems a bit bouncy though. Thought about adding some bracing like extra rods towards the camera?
Another, simple fix would be to use a string, going from one corner of the square part, to the end rod, then to the other corner. Then tighten it enough so there is flex of the rod that keeps it from moving too much. Basically, a tripod.

I'd look into making a rig mounted to the bike as well, like 2 rods go to each passenger footpeg and one to the end of the bike.

Last edited:

jthomas

jthomas1310
Jan 9, 2016
Australia
I ride a
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Murtanio does this in his videos and works real well with no bouncing. Maybe sussing out his rig from his videos ciuld fetch some extra ideas.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I like that idea. I've been working on something for myself using a selfie stick and some other bits. Still got a long way to go with it though.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I did one too, mainly because I couldn't rely on my buddies to tail my ass as close as I would like to. Also, filming others is OK but sometimes you wanna record yourself. :)

Screenshot attached, and the quick look of the GoPole (SO original) link is included.

gopole.png

Dark Rider

Wannabie Member
Jan 4, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSR 600
Wow thats an awesome mount! I'd be a little scared riding with something hanging that far off the actual bike though. footage looks awesome though.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts