Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Wannabie Member
Oct 2, 2012
Liverpool
I ride a
Yamaha YBR 125
I've seen quite a few questions of these after a google search, which is great but I always like to see modern answers, fresh answers instead of relying on 2-3 year old ones.

I'm very annoyed, the bike I wanted was the CBF125 but after going to a dealership, they told me that they're is none to be sold brand new due to popular demand. They said, it would probably be back in stock Dec/Jan but I really don't want to wait that long.

So, they have CBR125s that are in stock and 4% over 3 years, comes to around £99 a month. Does anyone have any views on these bikes that might help my decision?

I would like to eventually take trips from Liverpool to Wales as an example, which bike would be best suited or are they pretty much the same as I have heard?

Thanks.

JDW

Wannabie Member
Oct 2, 2012
Liverpool
I ride a
Yamaha YBR 125
Forget that, £4,500. I'm really don't want to wait til Jan or later to get riding. Could you guys keep an eye out for a second hand CG125?

What should I be looking for and avoiding when buying second hand old bikes like CGs?

BiGFooTy2k

Wannabie Member
Jun 29, 2012
Pardubice, CZ
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet
Rear drum brake, blah. Use it twice and it will stop braking at all because it will overheat. Varadero is awesome, it is sturdy, reliable and comfortable bike, though quite heavy for 125cc but at least you will learn how to handle bigger bikes.

I'll give you same advice as I gave to my friend: Buy enduro bike and then decide what will be your next bigger bike. You can go and have some fun at terrain and on the road it will run almost as same as any other 4 stroke 125cc, except YZF's and CBR's. And if you will crash, the enduro can withstand a lot of pain. But I hope you won't lay it down :)

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
I'd have to say +1 to bigfoot! If I'd have got a 125 mine would probably have been an enduro

I had a go on a CBR125, they seem really light (but I had just gotten off the FZS) but have a look at Liz's video on it, it is a good bike, and shifts quite nicely for a 125.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3Xr7pIPlA&feature=plcp

Blenkin

Wannabie Member
Oct 17, 2012
I ride a
Honda CBR 125
I have a CBR 125 and I have to say it is a great bike. It looks great (and i think much nicer than the CBF, but thats just my opinion) and it rides like a dream. Its pretty cheap aswell for a 125, and if you ask me is a great buy. A friend of mine has a CBF and he prefers mine too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts