Unkept

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans
Hey Motovloggers,

Long time viewer, first time vloger.

I recently received my first action camera, before I was stuck using my phone to take pictures or record... and I could never quite figure out a way to mount that setup.

Recently my wife gave me the go ahead (took some convincing) to order myself a Drift Ghost!

Well it's been raining all week and this weekend doesn't look too much better, so I have no riding videos to show just yet.

I have however put up a video showing off my bike and it's new exhaust. I hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/Xg3B0f31GZc

I also took some snapshots of different camera angle's I might want to use to mount the camera. It came with two mounts, and I plan on using one on the helmet and one for an angle that is mounted on the bike.

Which camera angle's looks best?

Enjoy...

Helmet Angle 1 (hey!)
PH000124.jpg

Helmet Angle 2
PH000125.jpg

Helmet Angle 3
PH000126.jpg

Bike Angle 1
PH000118.jpg

Bike Angle 2
PH000119.jpg

Bike Angle 3
PH000120.jpg

Thanks all!

-Unkept

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Hi and welcome along! :)

I think the best way to tell which is the best camera angle is to go and record a ride, it tends to be easier to tell that way than when you're stationary.

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
Welcome. Don't see enough Guzzi's on the road. While the bike angles look good it's hard to know how it will look when you're on the bike and maybe blocking too much of the view. Very few people get the camera angle correct first time, we usually have to take several rides and keep making adjustments. Good camera choice, I'm very happy with mine.

Unkept

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans
TriumfAnt said:
Welcome. Don't see enough Guzzi's on the road. While the bike angles look good it's hard to know how it will look when you're on the bike and maybe blocking too much of the view. Very few people get the camera angle correct first time, we usually have to take several rides and keep making adjustments. Good camera choice, I'm very happy with mine.

Thanks for the welcomes! :)

I was trying to get a good "guess" beforehand, because these are the sticky style mounts.... and if I mess up I'll have to peel them off and buy new 3M material for them. :/

I wish I could "chin" or "chest" mount the Drift, as is that is the only advantage I see for the GoPro over the Ghost... picture quality on the Hero3 is debatable of course. I don't think my computer would like editing videos in a resolution higher than 1080p. ;)

I'm trying to figure out a good tethering system so I won't lose the camera in the event of a mount failure. Fishing line sounds like a good material, but I really would prefer a quick disconnect/reconnect feature like a buckle.

And you are right, we don't see enough Guzzi's on the road. I'm really hoping to add a Husqvarna to the stable someday though. :) Love that Terra.

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
My local Triumph dealers also sells Husqvarnas. Whenever I'm in there I think of ways to convince the missus that I need an off-road bike. No luck so far :(

Unkept

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans
TriumfAnt said:
My local Triumph dealers also sells Husqvarnas. Whenever I'm in there I think of ways to convince the missus that I need an off-road bike. No luck so far :(

Same here. She gave me the "look" when she went to work this morning, because I said I had a dream last night I was riding the Terra 650...

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts