Hello Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyw

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2013
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Hi everyone, I'm Danny and I'm definitely not a MotoVlogger! I don't have the cojones for it. If you were to put a camera in my face i'd stare back like a rabbit caught in headlights :shock: So I have a lot of respect for what you guys do. Personally I think the ability to entertain on camera is something your born with, what do you guys think?

I love watching your videos on YouTube and its got to the point I hardly watch TV anymore. I'm subscribed to 25 channels in total so far and only one (theslowmoguys, haha) is not a MotoVlogging channel. My most recent subscribe was to AccidentalBroadcast who appears to live in some sort of off-roading paradise!

I've only been riding for 2 years on a Ninja 250, which is a fun bike, but i'm currently drooling over the possibility of an upgrade. Street Triple is my sensible option for a comfier commute, but i'm seriously tempted to get a Supermoto. I ride all year round, dropped the bike on black ice last December which was fun :roll:

I recently made a website, http://www.revelintheride.com, which is sort of a 'all things motorcycle' curation website. I don't have much time to be making awesome new content (with the 9-5 and a degree out of work) so its purpose is really to pull together other good content which is already out there. I've not been going long so its a learning process, but its fun! I have made a few links to motovlogging in some posts so far, but intend to do something a bit more concrete relating to it. Maybe a motovlog of the week or something? Any ideas would be very welcome :)

So yeah, that's me, I hope you all don't mind a 'fan' signing up!

Danny

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
Welcome to the site. I'm digging the webpage...I have started something similar just a month ago...and then I'm collaborating with a friend on another similar website. My website will have a more personal twist to it, and the site I'm collaborating with my friend is going to have more of a community twist to it.

I like your site layout...mine it in the very beginning stages, and I find it funny we both posted about the new Honda Grom haha. My page is my first webpage so it's a huge learning process for me. I haven't really advertised it yet because I want to get it more developed before that happens.

The Street Triple is an amazing machine and I highly recommend it. It's actually the bike I recommend the most out of the 5 bikes I have owned so far. Very comfortable, but definitely not as light as the supermoto option you have. Also...it's kinda pricey compared to a supermoto.

Dannyw

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2013
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Perhaps we can set up affiliate links to each others websites or something, when you plan to start advertising.

Haha yeah the grom looks like laugh!

I had a sit on a 2011 striple r and the ergonomics were lovely, fit me like a glove. Watching vloggers on supermotos does get me green with envy though, they just look so fun. Wonder if the girlfriend will notice if two bikes turn up outside the house...

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
Dannyw said:
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Perhaps we can set up affiliate links to each others websites or something, when you plan to start advertising.

Haha yeah the grom looks like laugh!

I had a sit on a 2011 striple r and the ergonomics were lovely, fit me like a glove. Watching vloggers on supermotos does get me green with envy though, they just look so fun. Wonder if the girlfriend will notice if two bikes turn up outside the house...

Yeah definitely...sounds like a sweet idea.

The Street Triple also fits me like a glove. It's so nice to have something that fits you just right. I would love a supermoto in the future too though...definitely plenty of more bumpy roads and such over here for something like that.

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
Having owned a Street Triple for a year and a bit, I wouldn't describe it as "sensible"... ever!!! Ok, I'm a relatively new rider, but I can say that a friend of mine who has ridden for 20 years said when he tried one that he couldn't own it as he'd lose his license having too much fun on it - so he bought an S1000rr!!!

Dannyw

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2013
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Oh c'mon! It's got to be more sensible than the BMW haha. Point taken though, that was the reason its on my list at all. I'm after a ride that's heaps of fun! It just looks like slightly less fun than a supermoto, with a comfier seat ;). Probably the better option for 60 miles of commuting daily!

Thanks for the welcome, Ham. How do you find the 250? On a hot day, like now, mine makes this really loud whining sound just sat outside the house (apparently the petrol tank releasing pressure). Surely it never shuts up down under? Interesting fact... or not: you joined youtube on my birthday!

ham

Wannabie Member
Jan 21, 2013
Sydney
I ride a
Ninja 250R
Dannyw said:
Oh c'mon! It's got to be more sensible than the BMW haha. Point taken though, that was the reason its on my list at all. I'm after a ride that's heaps of fun! It just looks like slightly less fun than a supermoto, with a comfier seat ;). Probably the better option for 60 miles of commuting daily!

Thanks for the welcome, Ham. How do you find the 250? On a hot day, like now, mine makes this really loud whining sound just sat outside the house (apparently the petrol tank releasing pressure). Surely it never shuts up down under? Interesting fact... or not: you joined youtube on my birthday!

Yup, the 250 has a 'feature' where it talks to you through the gas tank pressure. :lol: Otherwise it's a pretty decent bike.

I'm actually mid way though my learner bike comparison series and at this stage it's hard to recommend the 250 anymore after riding the newer bikes like the 500cc Hondas. You start to realise the Ninja needs to be revved hard to get power out of corners (compared to the 500).

Dannyw

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2013
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Yeah its really week in the low end. It teaches you to be in the right gear for the situation, because if your not you know you will be poodling for a few seconds. But it would be nice to have some low end grunt so you can have fun within the speed limit and avoid those awkward situations where i overtake in too low a gear... side by side going the same speed for a couple of seconds haha.

I checked out your vid on the cbf and subbed :)

What are you leaning towards for your next bike?

Dannyw

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2013
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Thanks Miggs :)

Go crack open a beer you just hit 500 subscribers ;) I see your contemplating a supermoto too?

Miggs7170

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
www.youtube.com
I ride a
GSXR 600
Dannyw said:
Thanks Miggs :)

Go crack open a beer you just hit 500 subscribers ;) I see your contemplating a supermoto too?

Haha. Cheers, mate!

I'm always contemplating a supermoto.
Shifty.gif
Now if all my contemplating could turn itself into R200 notes, I'd be popping wheelies off of Table Mountain by now :mrgreen:

You should reconsider vlogging. Think of it as having your own radio show. You're not on camera . . . just . . . behind it? Not like you don't talk to yourself anyhow
bounce.gif

Dannyw

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2013
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Haha your not wrong there, mate. I don't think you'd enjoy my singing to myself, though. The girlfriend is thankful there's the option to listen to music through our scala headsets instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts