Not open for further replies.

KawaJedi

Wannabie Member
Sep 12, 2011
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2002 Yamaha R6
So in an attempt to try and get decent video quality for my video's and without that damned time stamp. So I have been trying anything I can to try and get a half way decent camera.
The Go-Pro is out of range as is the Drift stealth. I remember watching a video posted using a Iphone, but when it came to getting the phone I decided to take the N8 Nokia as it had a supposed better camera...not so much....
So after extensive searches, I cam across this thing (Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5K) so now I would like to hear by those in the community, what your oppinions are regarding this, who uses it?, what is the video like? and probably most importantly, does it crush my shnoz....?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
A lots of people use it, it's not quite webbing a quality as drift/gopro but it's nOt far off. As for squashing your nose, probably not, depends on helmet.

dafobra

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600F4i
the PM5K has the 360 lens... you can save money with the PM5, but it is no longer made as the Bloggie touch has replaced it.

It is a great motovlog camera though.. I used one for a bit before I got my Drift and I know C90FTW uses it now too..

I did a review on using it a while back:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKa7-aYGbP8[/youtube]

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
If you want a GoPro but can't afford the GoPro HD then maybe you can get the GoPro 960. Its just like the GoPro HD but it doesn't shoot 1080p which in my opinion is overkill for youtube anyway. It also doesn't have the expansion port but I've never used it anyway.

Here's a link with details.
http://bit.ly/GoPro960

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
their is some new camera at jbhifi that i seen for 200 it looks awesme, much like the old kodaks but full HD

CHECK IT OUT MAN IT LOOKS AWESOME

PANASONIC TOUGH FULL HD POCKET VIDEO CAMERA

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Wow I've just checked and you can get the Sony Bloggie on ebay for £50 brand new! That's a bargain, the quality is good looking at the videos. Hmmm this is seems like a good budget alternative to a Drift HD170, the Drift is £151 + £21 32gb memory card + £21 external mic.

I could probably get the Bloggie, and SD card, and a spare battery for half that...

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
kryten said:
If you want a GoPro but can't afford the GoPro HD then maybe you can get the GoPro 960. Its just like the GoPro HD but it doesn't shoot 1080p which in my opinion is overkill for youtube anyway. It also doesn't have the expansion port but I've never used it anyway.

Here's a link with details.
http://bit.ly/GoPro960

I agree with Kryten. If i had the money id get a GoPro960. I went to buy one actually until a friend at http://www.1320video.com convinced me to go big or go home (GoPro HD) but I couldnt justify it.

The Bloggie PM5 is a rather good alternative in my opinion. I'll make a video about it actually!
In short:
Good: price ($55), 720p, small, records for a few hours at a time, audio is good
Bad: cant keep up with too much movement, image can be washed out, picture looks zoomed in

Overall: Buy it, buy a ~$10 wide angle lens that is magnetic, and stick it in the helmet.

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
gpzDave said:
the quality is good looking at the videos
I think so. Quality is good, but not great. The part I dislike about the camera compared to the Drift or GoPro or POV is that it doesnt have the 170* lens. It is a 4:3 ratio but its no 170* lens. For quality and a good laugh from a veteran motovlogger), check out NavyThomas8's page. He has over a 1000 videos almost all with sony bloggie. See if ya like it.

Or, check out mine too. Im much more lazy than Dafobra so i havent set a method to lining up my lens yet so some of my vids are off center :-/

Ill add a video with 'an aftermarket lens' for the bloggie this week.

gpzDave said:
I could probably get the Bloggie, and SD card, and a spare battery for half that...
Or get two bloggies! :lol:

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
dafobra said:
c90ftwftw!

hahaha

well i made a real quick video. Edited it and now its rendering. oh the things i do after i go out to the bars on a Tuesday night... class in 5 hours and I will hopefully upload it before that.

Cheers!

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
I posted the first video. Ill post another comparison with it in action. I tried today and failed lol.

btw, no idea why i said "Kawa Jed E" my bad haha.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSC30DSIUGY[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts