Harley-Davidson Livewire price

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster
I understand that this is their first time going into the Electric Bike market and they have R & D to pay for but they are definitely being greedy and hoping that rich hipsters will buy these things. I would have considered it if the price was better and I could take advantage of tax credits for buying an electric vehicle.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I understand that this is their first time going into the Electric Bike market and they have R & D to pay for but they are definitely being greedy and hoping that rich hipsters will buy these things. I would have considered it if the price was better and I could take advantage of tax credits for buying an electric vehicle.
Considering H-Ds first playmate on Livewire went bankrupt, how much cost did H-D really pay? Even if they did, can't make sales if the target customers can't afford it.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Price is only a small part it has to be good.

You could argue the same point on price between a tesla and a prius. There both just electric cars in the end, but I know which one I'd have.

Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster
One of the benefits of being a registered business...releases like this
https://www.dealernews.com/Home/post/dealernews-live-hd-livewire-video/2019-01-08

The just under 30k we covered. The 110 mile range seems a bit short for the price though. Plus under what conditions did they get that?
'But how does it sound? “The H-D Revelation electric powertrain produces minimal vibration, heat, and noise, all of which enhance rider comfort. The LiveWire model is designed to produce a new signature Harley-Davidson sound as it accelerates and gains speed. This new futuristic sound represents the smooth, electric power of the LiveWire motorcycle.”'

I am interested in this "futuristic sound" they mention in the article, and how much it cost to R&D that noise.

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
'But how does it sound? “The H-D Revelation electric powertrain produces minimal vibration, heat, and noise, all of which enhance rider comfort. The LiveWire model is designed to produce a new signature Harley-Davidson sound as it accelerates and gains speed. This new futuristic sound represents the smooth, electric power of the LiveWire motorcycle.”'

I am interested in this "futuristic sound" they mention in the article, and how much it cost to R&D that noise.
Hahaha! Well, you and I both ride the brand and know the quality so I suspect it is this...
1.jpg

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Pricing like this is why I consider just building my own Electric bike out of old frames and new batteries. The Zero isn't particularly cheap either. We need more cheap, honest EVs

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated General Moto Talk 12