Handle bar riser kits on a super sport?

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
I have a question for you guys, what are your thoughts on installing a riser kit on a super sport? Do you like the comfort while sacrificing the aggressive position?

I have a friend who has a cbr1000rr with an lsl handlebar installed and the position is definitely comfortable because you are more upright but you do lose the lean and aggressive look while riding.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
It can look really weird, but for those with bad backs etc it could be a solution. Never ridden one with them though. In the good ol' days people would rip the fairings off and put upright bars and call them streetfighters! :D

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
In the good ol' days people would rip the fairings off and put upright bars and call them streetfighters! :D
No.
In the good old days, people would crash their bikes and not be able to afford to make good again after their insurance turned down the claim- so they bolted some cheap shiny tat to their bikes and pretended to like the new look, whilst crying inside at the eyesore. :D

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
Haha, love the 50-50 response. Although I prefer comfort over looks any day but I do admit that the lean position is an experience on a super sport. I think I'll stick to that aggressive lean angle and if I wanted a comfort bike, I would go for a naked or an actual streetfighter

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
The Triumph Street and Speed Triples offer proper performance with an very comfy riding position. I broke my back in 2007, sports bikes are now a distant memory unless something special comes along [cough/Aprilia RS660] :)

• Haha
Reactions: CafeBrakes

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I would sooner get a bike with an upright position from factory, surely putting risers on an aggressive position will render the foot pegs in an awkward position. Maybe I'm wrong.. but grandad bikes for the win! What they lack in horsepower, they make up for in comfort!!

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
I would sooner get a bike with an upright position from factory, surely putting risers on an aggressive position will render the foot pegs in an awkward position. Maybe I'm wrong.. but grandad bikes for the win! What they lack in horsepower, they make up for in comfort!!
You'd be surprised. It's actually quite nice to have those riser bars on a super sport. I will most definitely invest in a "grandada" bike in the future.

Reactions: Pooley

Winners Video

Latest posts