Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruckabusa

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2012
Iowa, USA
I ride a
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
Hey guys, wanting to get into vlogging as I often find myself just thinking about random crap that makes no sense riding around and I get bored when I'm not with others than I can talk about the random crap with, so I thought hey, when I was first wanting to get a motorcycle I watched some vloggers doing how-to-ride a motorcycle videos and thought I'd give vlogging a shot.

I'm going to be using a GoPro Hero HD2 - I didn't think there was a way to use a mic with it but looking around people are saying there is so I need to check into that.

So anyway I started riding on a 01 katana gsxf 750cc. Was fun but it was pretty janky. Had a salvage title, mirrors that were half broken, fairings missing bolts all around, windscreen had two bolt areas busted so it was always loose. Lots of scuffs/scratches. I sold it in July figuring I'd wait for winter to hit and find a good deal. My buddy let me take his 07 ZX10R for a few days and boy was I won over, not even by speed - I never was brave enough to open that bike up. The katana is a spourt-touring bike, and thus I was expecting to be uncomfortable on the zx10r. I did not feel at all like I was on a crotch rocket on the zx10r, it was SO comfortable for me. Yet I'm very uncomfortable on a cbr/gsxr/r6. I guess the ninja just fits me. Some day I'd love an 05+ zx6r - the zx10r the couple times I did open it up a little bit was just insanely too fast for me.

But for now, being a broke college kid who already has 2 vehicles, a newer low mile good condition zx6r is a bit out of the question. I couldnt wait till winter to ride again so i started looking and found this.

It's a 2008 ZZR600 - if you aren't familiar pretty much a re-issue of the 02 zx6r. I picked it up for $3500, had 3700 miles on it when I got it. Runs and rides just fantastic. I love it. It just feels so much nicer than the katana. In 2 days of ownership it's already at 4050 miles.

matches my cage

Now moving on, when it starts getting pretty cold or snow is on the ground - I'll still be hitting the streets a lot on my full race bike, which is a 2007 Honda Ruckus 49cc's of greatness. I picked it up back in June after loving my zuma but riding a friend's ruckus sold me on one, they just handle incredible - my center stand is very scraped up from dragging it in twisties.
I love pretending it's a dirtbike and going wherever the hell I want, although some of the stuff I do I'm pretty sure will cause me to be replacing parts sooner than later :p Can't wait to make some videos on it.

Next to the cage:

out with friends:

Having too much fun:

busted causing a ruckus

random:

together:

and just for giggles, my katana I sold to a friend. Was a good learner bike. Lots of defects meant it didn't bother me as much when it fell in my driveway :oops:

Anyway thats all about me, I know I posted a ton of crap but it happens when you're bored in school.
I can't wait to start making some videos. Though I need to wait for my gear to come in before I go on long rides, just putting around town at the moment. I'm squidding it up since I gave the matching gear away with my katana. Just riding with my sweatshirt/jeans/ and my helmet I used in my drag cars that has no windscreen. Can't wait to get the gear, I feel so naked without it. Friends tease me cause I don't like doing highway trips without gear while they're all short sleeves/no helmet/shorts - dummies!

JacobG

Wannabie Member
Sep 2, 2012
FL
www.youtube.com
I ride a
07 GSXR 600
Welcome..Nice rides! I have the hero 2. And am extremely satisfied with it! That camera does not disappoint.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
welcome, I love that ZZR :D

vecpne

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2012
I ride a
2003 V-star 1100, rebuilding a 1979 Yamaha XS400
Welcome and nice rides

Ruckabusa

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2012
Iowa, USA
I ride a
sportyeight said:
Welcome! Are those Iowa plates? Where you at?
Sure are, I'm in Burlington - riverside town right along Illinois.

Wow sweet rides and pics!

Did you really go off-roading with that scooter? Looks like fun! :)

welcome to the fourms!
Thanks, and hell yeah - if I'm riding the Ruckus it's either because A: I am actually riding somewhere for errands/school/work, or B: I have intentions at some point on my ride to go offroad lol.

It's way too much fun offroad. I don't even want to know what I'd end up doing if I had a supermoto - but the parents are already pretty edgy about me having the ruckus, zzr, and my car. + i'm graduating with my AA this semester and moving 3 hours to a different University in January so I won't have enough room to store 3 bikes, let alone if I'll even be able to take my two.

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
Welcome, great machines. I love the Ruckus, such a simple looking, badass scooter. I used to have that ZZR for a couple years. It was my first bike that I bought brand new. Most of my earlier videos are me on my ZZR.

Ruckabusa

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2012
Iowa, USA
I ride a
ToastToGo said:
Welcome, great machines. I love the Ruckus, such a simple looking, badass scooter. I used to have that ZZR for a couple years. It was my first bike that I bought brand new. Most of my earlier videos are me on my ZZR.
Thanks sir glad to hear positive reviews - I'm now about 1200 miles into my adventures on the ZZR and each day is even more fun with more experience!

I also finally got my first motovlog up. Now that I've done it once there will soon be many more!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2HaAYVM0rI[/youtube]

Ruckabusa

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2012
Iowa, USA
I ride a
Well I actually started off with a 05 zuma 49cc, my buddy had talked for awhile about getting a ruckus and looked forever and finally gave up buying one used for a good deal and bought his 2011 brand new.

After riding his I loved it and ditched the zuma and found my 07 ruckus used with 1900 miles from original owner for $1200. Then the third one of the group, I actually found the next day in town locally and couldn't help myself and bought it for $900, it's an 06 and had 2900 miles on it - was a great deal. Anyway I told my other buddy I'd go ahead and let him buy it from me for 900 when he had the money if he wanted or I'd just flip it so he bought it.

It's an addiction once you get on one!

My next video will feature some semi-offroading on the ruckus. I already made one but again damn myself the camera was angled down too much and I know I would of gotten a lot of complaints about it so I deleted them, going to make another one possibly tomorrow or thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts