gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Whaassup crew!

Well today Postman Pat delivered my new Sony Bloggie, which I am looking forward to putting into action. I can fit it inside my helmet (phew) and conveniently my big nose keeps the cam in place, so no need for velcro... at the cost of a slightly squished face.

Anyway I was wondering if I need a memory card for it, or is the internal memory enough? And if it does what size/type is best?

I know that a few folk on here use this cam and I would appreciate your advice :)

POPE5HAT

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2011
I ride a
I would say an 8gb should be okay , I've got a Sandisk 8gb class 6 and it does me great with the gopro , I've heard that the class system in cards tells you the quality and speed of it , basically the higher the better .

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
POPE5HAT said:
I would say an 8gb should be okay , I've got a Sandisk 8gb class 6 and it does me great with the gopro , I've heard that the class system in cards tells you the quality and speed of it , basically the higher the better .

Thanks dude :)

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Look into what Sony say. with the GoPro on their site it says a class 4 card will write better & faster than anything below.

Sony Bloggie will more than likly be the same Class 4 & above.

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
gpzDave said:
Anyway I was wondering if I need a memory card for it, or is the internal memory enough? And if it does what size/type is best?

I know that a few folk on here use this cam and I would appreciate your advice :)

Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo 8gb HX

That's the card that came with mine. I record in the 720p @ 30fps and the battery definitively dies before the card is full. I'm not entirely sure if I would recommend this exact card, but I would say 8gb is perfect for recording a few hours worth of footage before having to delete it. I would be willing to say a 4gb would work as well but its not too much of a price difference between the two.

LifeInDecibel

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR
I recommend setting the camera up for 720p at 60 fps. I recommend getting a memory card that is at least a class 6 so your framerate doesn't suffer on your videos. Like mentioned above, an 8 GB card should be good. Also remember the camera will stop any recording at about the 30 minute mark.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Thank you all for your advice :)

I've got my eye on this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8GB-MEMOR...MemoryCards&hash=item3f0c380c7e#ht_909wt_1037 which seems to be the sort of thing you guys are talking about. But I have a question, is the card all I need? Or is there some sort of 'adaptor' thing I need to make the card fit in the camera? The reason I ask is that the manual has a confusing diagram of such a thing and I have no idea if it has any relevance to the card...

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
gpzDave said:
Thank you all for your advice :)

I've got my eye on this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8GB-MEMOR...MemoryCards&hash=item3f0c380c7e#ht_909wt_1037 which seems to be the sort of thing you guys are talking about. But I have a question, is the card all I need? Or is there some sort of 'adaptor' thing I need to make the card fit in the camera? The reason I ask is that the manual has a confusing diagram of such a thing and I have no idea if it has any relevance to the card...

Most cameras are just slot in memory cards, if it's not I'm sure there will be a back door on the camera where you can place the camera in.

Premies187 used a bloggie when he was making alot of Vlogs. check out his video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/187Premises#p/search/0/JCZdaZRFQ5s

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

I just found a 4GB SanDisk card that fits the Bloggie! (One good thing about having loads of photo/video equipment bits and bobs littered around everywhere.)

So I hope this will do, it's a micro SD card but I put it into the adapter thing that I found in the case with it and it seems to work so far, I'll try it and see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts