GoPro Survival

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
Have any of you broken a GoPro on a ride either by an accident, fall or it FELL off your helmet or mounting point ? I’d like to hear your story. I fell off my enduro bike Monday during a ride and my helmet grazed a large rock, you can hear the aluminum case the GoPro was in hit the rock but it was left still working, however it ripped my external battery off the side of my helmet.

Anyone have any stories of lost or broken or stolen cameras off your mounts ?

Reactions: Teh Purp

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
Iv dropped my gopro clone several times, went to the shops once was taking it out of the enclosure to go in n it fell off the bars, then bounced a few times n nearly went down a drain. Other times had the battery bounce out, that can occasionally corrupt files being written sadly...

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Had my Hero 5 Session ripped off the side of my helmet falling off on a wet chalk downhill, had a battery bank ripped off my head by a fallen tree on another trail ride. On the road I have had lens protectors smash from stone chips. I've scratched up the lenses on my Insta360 One R when it fell over in the wind when doing some off bike chatting when I'd just got the Beta 390RR. I messed it up some more when I attached it to my RC car which rolled and ripped it off the mounts :D

Reactions: CVentures

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Not while on the bike. But I did hit one with a tomahawk. I had strapped the Gopro to the top of the target and I seemed to have suffered a bit of Target Fixation and nailed it right in the LCD display on the front. It still powers on, but it was a Hero 2 and is near impossible to work with cause the only indicator screen on it is fracked. Great footage though.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I myself have been unable to kill any of my action cameras. Nor can I recall any of my friends who film racing events, being able to kill any of them. The cameras have been kicked around by cars and have concrete barriers fall on them. Mounts have snapped. The camera itself is just too light to get damaged so easily.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I have drowned a Drift in the English sea. Night on the heater in the hotel and the next day it worked again ;)

Dropped an stealth while going 80km roughly. Still fine, nothing noticeable ;)

Cat dropped the Firefly from a closet, 1.50m drop.
Still works, but something is loose inside it. You can hear it when you shake it ;)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts