Google Meet Motovlog Happy Hour

Many have shown interest in the Google Meet and Greet so I'd like to get a sense of a schedule

• Sunday June 14

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Saturday June 20

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Time of Day - 1 PM EST (10 AM PDT and 6 PM BST)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Time of Day - 5 PM EST (2 PM PDT and 10 PM BST)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
The votes are in. For anyone interested in participating I'll be hosting a Google Motovlog Happy Hour this Saturday, June 20th at 1 pm EST (10am PDT/6 pm BST. DM me here on this site your email and I'll send the Google Meet link for the event. Keep in mind that the entire session will be recorded and available for anyone to download to be used for your own Motovlog.

For anyone who wants to join, but not have their actual person revealed, you can keep your camera off for the session. I'd suggest using an icon related to your channel - a logo, or well known image to represent you instead. For those comfortable being on camera feel free to also wear or use anything to advertise your channel as well - T-shirt, hat, sock-puppet - anything.

The format will be a chance to get to know each other and to share what we've been up to in this time of social distancing, pandemic conditions or whether things are getting better or worse. Are there more chances for riding and has that affected long and short term goals?

Depending on the number of people participating I'll do my best to keep the event around an hour to an hour and a half.
Last - it's happy hour. Have a drink in hand, and have fun.

- Wolf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The votes are in. For anyone interested in participating I'll be hosting a Google Motovlog Happy Hour this Saturday, June 20th at 1 pm EST (10am PDT/6 pm BST. DM me here on this site your email and I'll send the Google Meet link for the event. Keep in mind that the entire session will be recorded and available for anyone to download to be used for your own Motovlog.

For anyone who wants to join, but not have their actual person revealed, you can keep your camera off for the session. I'd suggest using an icon related to your channel - a logo, or well known image to represent you instead. For those comfortable being on camera feel free to also wear or use anything to advertise your channel as well - T-shirt, hat, sock-puppet - anything.

The format will be a chance to get to know each other and to share what we've been up to in this time of social distancing, pandemic conditions or whether things are getting better or worse. Are there more chances for riding and has that affected long and short term goals?

Depending on the number of people participating I'll do my best to keep the event around an hour to an hour and a half.
Last - it's happy hour. Have a drink in hand, and have fun.

- Wolf
I think that equates to 6pm UK time, If I can get on I will, be ace to get the members hanging out from all around the world.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I won't be able to as we have plans, but I had to Google what Google Meet was as I never heard of it before! :D

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Yeah, it's Google's version of a Zoom online chat session. I find Google Meet is easier to use than Zoom, while Zoom's basic package allows for only 40 minutes a session.

- Wolf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ace to hang out with you all today chaps, Really cool to chat with you all :)

Reactions: humes

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Just went over our session and I think it went really well, and only needed a slight bit of color correcting. At 1 hour and 8 minutes I have a few question for those involved, and though it hasn't been posted, those on the forum are feel to weigh in on the issues.

1) Will adding any B-footage to the group interview session take away from it, or add a new angle and way to break up the format?

2) Given the length, should it be broken down into 3-4 parts or allow it to maintain the actual pacing of the group session? If so, each person involved can post a section on their own channel with links to the other parts/channels as a way to promote them.

3) Would this a good way to use the Chapter format now available on YouTube?

- Wolf

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Just went over our session and I think it went really well, and only needed a slight bit of color correcting. At 1 hour and 8 minutes I have a few question for those involved, and though it hasn't been posted, those on the forum are feel to weigh in on the issues.

1) Will adding any B-footage to the group interview session take away from it, or add a new angle and way to break up the format?

2) Given the length, should it be broken down into 3-4 parts or allow it to maintain the actual pacing of the group session? If so, each person involved can post a section on their own channel with links to the other parts/channels as a way to promote them.

3) Would this a good way to use the Chapter format now available on YouTube?

- Wolf

You could break it up by topic and release in doses then have a link to the full version as a card in each smaller video.

Using a small amount of B footage could be useful for showing the audience and example of the topic we were covering.

I thought it really great for a first go. Flowed nice and very informative.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Really depends, if you want to do this monthly or whatever i would guess an edited all in 1 upload would be better.

B-roll depends on subject.

Reactions: scooterwuf

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Good idea. I think viewer reaction will determine if this will be a one time format, but I’d love to do a few more.

For those in the session I’ll make a request for B-roll based on what’s being discussed, unless you’re fine with downloading content from your channels.

- Wolf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Live streams seem to be a thing a lot of folk are doing now with these group hangouts. Might be worth looking at how to do that? Then if it is planned in advance, those on camera can make sure they are in position in time with all tech working, and then have it "go Live" at a predetermined time so folk can watch and comment in a sidebar chat.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts