Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Morning All,

Was just wondering....

Do you do giveaways to your subscribers?
Either as a thank you or to boost your subscriber count?

If you do.. What sort of item do you giveaway?

I was thinking about doing this but if I did a giveaway and ask that you have to subscribe or comment am I getting the wrong people to subscribe as their just want the free gift cos if they don't watch the video I am not really gaining anything??

Your thoughts on this is most appreciated and welcome!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I am in the process of doing one on my other channel to celebrate 100 subs (took 9rys lol) but it doesn't really seem to be a popular thing, very few entered and very few of the entries actually carried out the very simple rules for entry, think only 3 or 4 are eligible.
I was going to do a givaway on my motovlog channel at 100 subs too but forgot. I was gonna give a watch to the "loser" of the giveaway lol (it is a rubbish watch!) :D

Reactions: Jafnhaar

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
YES! I wanted to talk about this too! I want to do a 100 sub giveaway too, hopefully it times in well with the holidays. I was thinking an amazon gift card or even just some snacks/items unique to my home in Japan. Of course make everyone like, comment, and subscribe in order to enter! And I wouldn't worry about getting some fans who are only in it for the contest... I'll take anyone I can get really lol.

For sure I believe it will allow your channel to grow even just a little bit, and any growth is good!

Jafnhaar

Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
I am in the process of doing one on my other channel to celebrate 100 subs (took 9rys lol) but it doesn't really seem to be a popular thing, very few entered and very few of the entries actually carried out the very simple rules for entry, think only 3 or 4 are eligible.
I was going to do a givaway on my motovlog channel at 100 subs too but forgot. I was gonna give a watch to the "loser" of the giveaway lol (it is a rubbish watch!) :D

So hardly any one bothers? This is why i asked.... Has to be beneficial at least a little bit or otherwise the money i would spend getting a prize could go back into the video or charity at a motorcycle event...

Jafnhaar

Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
YES! I wanted to talk about this too! I want to do a 100 sub giveaway too, hopefully it times in well with the holidays. I was thinking an amazon gift card or even just some snacks/items unique to my home in Japan. Of course make everyone like, comment, and subscribe in order to enter! And I wouldn't worry about getting some fans who are only in it for the contest... I'll take anyone I can get really lol.

For sure I believe it will allow your channel to grow even just a little bit, and any growth is good!
Growth is good.. I was looking at a gift card (probably from amazon) and that is more primarily cos more people could be interested could they could purchase what they want! Bit different if I was famous then people would want a t shirt with my name on it haha ;)

Reactions: Toma Rider

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
Growth is good.. I was looking at a gift card (probably from amazon) and that is more primarily cos more people could be interested could they could purchase what they want! Bit different if I was famous then people would want a t shirt with my name on it haha ;)
Lemme know when you do it so I can enter lol

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If you subscribed to each others channels you'd see when they did it! ;-)

Reactions: Jafnhaar

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I always wonder if doing giveaways wont just drive people to subscribe just in order to win something, regardless of whether they like your content?

Having said that, damn more subs / likes / views etc would be sweet!

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I have been giving away stickers, but I do it IRL (in real life), and I give them to the people that I meet during rides or hangouts, which (usually) already know about the channel.

I do not go around introducing myself as "thesighbored" or even mention about the channel/YouTube. It's up to them to figure it out, and their reward is getting a sticker if they can identify who I actually am. It sounds weird right? Supposedly I should be throwing stickers at everyone, and introducing myself/channel to everyone I meet, but I don't do that, I honestly prefer to be low profile.

With the help of my buddy in the print/advertising line, we are slowly taking a step into merchandising, just had a small trial run of snapback caps which gladly were all sold, upcoming will be shirt, and then see how it goes. So moving forward I will probably still giveaway stickers IRL but for those that is not possible to meet, stickers would be available for sale (in future), also stickers are included along with merchandise purchase. I guess this is a different realm than the usual giveaway being discussed here.

Bottom line, yes I do giveaway, but it's more for rewarding those that already know about me or the channel, less about trying to gain subs or views. I rather have the "brand" do it's thing than doing stuff to push the "brand".

Oh, and I don't talk about giveaways at all on the channel or in any of the videos.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
I'm inclined to do giveaways of custom art and stuff, I think that if there are no real value in what I give away other than it being unique, it wouldn't spawn as many temporary subs as if I gave away gift cards or objects. Beyond that I would give free merch if I ever get to the point of having any.

Jafnhaar

Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
If you subscribed to each others channels you'd see when they did it! ;-)
I AM!! But nice to chat on here :)

I always wonder if doing giveaways wont just drive people to subscribe just in order to win something, regardless of whether they like your content?

Having said that, damn more subs / likes / views etc would be sweet!

When your channel is low you need the engagement so its a win win....

Hopefully they keep watching your videos afterwards looking for more things to WIN!! haha
People just want stuff for nothing thats all o_O

I have been giving away stickers, but I do it IRL (in real life), and I give them to the people that I meet during rides or hangouts, which (usually) already know about the channel.

I do not go around introducing myself as "thesighbored" or even mention about the channel/YouTube. It's up to them to figure it out, and their reward is getting a sticker if they can identify who I actually am. It sounds weird right? Supposedly I should be throwing stickers at everyone, and introducing myself/channel to everyone I meet, but I don't do that, I honestly prefer to be low profile.

With the help of my buddy in the print/advertising line, we are slowly taking a step into merchandising, just had a small trial run of snapback caps which gladly were all sold, upcoming will be shirt, and then see how it goes. So moving forward I will probably still giveaway stickers IRL but for those that is not possible to meet, stickers would be available for sale (in future), also stickers are included along with merchandise purchase. I guess this is a different realm than the usual giveaway being discussed here.

Bottom line, yes I do giveaway, but it's more for rewarding those that already know about me or the channel, less about trying to gain subs or views. I rather have the "brand" do it's thing than doing stuff to push the "brand".

Oh, and I don't talk about giveaways at all on the channel or in any of the videos.

I haven't and was thinking about it ;) just interested to see other peoples views... But I like the thought of the stickers...

Reactions: SighBored

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Stickers is a pretty sweet idea, one day when I'm more known I'll get some stickers made up.

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R

Holy cow I didn't realize we had anyone this big on the site... Can you make an AMA?

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi

It's got to be wasabi flavored KitKat bars, or Sake...those things are off the hook.

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Awesome.

I have a co-worker who regularly orders different snacks from Japan, and then waits 4 weeks for them to be delivered. It's fun and it's pretty cool trying different flavors that we would never think of ourselves.

Cherrie

Triumph Street Triple Rider
Mar 12, 2015
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Interesting topic....

I did a giveaway at 5k subs, more so as a thank you to those who have subscribed. I don't think I noticed any change in number of subscriber frequency because of the giveaway.

Wouldn't mind doing another in the future, but not sure what I would give away...

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Interesting topic....

I did a giveaway at 5k subs, more so as a thank you to those who have subscribed. I don't think I noticed any change in number of subscriber frequency because of the giveaway.

Wouldn't mind doing another in the future, but not sure what I would give away...

5k?

Wow we must be hard to hear from so far down :)

Reactions: RealSteveB

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts