Gave up editing and sharing content... until now

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
So I was spending a lot of time editing videos a few months back @HippoDrone you might remember me.

I was just getting so frustrated as my 4 year old laptop was just not up to the task so I gave up completely mostly down to frustration at waiting so long for Premier Pro to do it's thing. I've been out filming a lot instead and just enjoying riding over the summer. I tried to do some editing the other day and my laptop just kept crashing soooooo, I killed two birds with one stone (love gaming) and bought myself a gaming machine with a Nvidia RTX 3080 16gb RAM, liquid cooled etc and it is soo much better, even when blurring speedos exporting and doing more resource intensive stuff.

Just thought I'd share my setup and open a thread on hardware/ software....(apologies if this is duplicating another thread)

What are you all running for hardware?

What editing suite do you prefer?

Nice to be back!

Adam
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Nice. I have been calculating in my head, how much would it cost, to get the kind of setup that would suit me. I am yet to find a way to get about 3000 EUR from somewhere, to get things moving :p The 38" Dell monitor I want, costs 1200 alone.
Anyone interested in giving a non refundable loan?

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
Nice. I have been calculating in my head, how much would it cost, to get the kind of setup that would suit me. I am yet to find a way to get about 3000 EUR from somewhere, to get things moving :p The 38" Dell monitor I want, costs 1200 alone.
Anyone interested in giving a non refundable loan?
Mate, riding motorcycles is an expensive game even when you’re not adding on all the Moto Vlogging kit! Add the two together and your risking potential bankruptcy problems/divorce or potentially both. I’m lucky enough to have a wife that supports my hobbies but I do think there’s probably a limit to how far she can be pushed with all the time I’m ignoring her lol
With regards to non refundable loan? Lol, I want one too. However if you’re in the UK Klarna are pretty good for 0% over 12 months and they link to Ebuyer a great place to get all PC related stuff, monitors hardware etc.

keep us posted!

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Here's what I'm working with - an MSI GE75 Raider laptop I bought last year [I have an unboxing/setup vid of that, as an aside], running Davinci Resolve Studio 17.3.1 for editing.

The laptop has an Intel i7-10750H CPU, 32GB RAM, 2070 SUPER GPU, and a total of 15tb of storage in and attached to it. [1TB internal SSD for OS/Apps/Resolve]

Luckily, my wife doesn't particularly care [at least she doesn't express it] about what I spend my funny money on. The grand total of all I've spent on this computer and motovlogging gear in the last year could choke some, but it's around $6,000 USD.

-John

1633373106359.jpeg

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
Here's what I'm working with - an MSI GE75 Raider laptop I bought last year [I have an unboxing/setup vid of that, as an aside], running Davinci Resolve Studio 17.3.1 for editing.

The laptop has an Intel i7-10750H CPU, 32GB RAM, 2070 SUPER GPU, and a total of 15tb of storage in and attached to it. [1TB internal SSD for OS/Apps/Resolve]

Luckily, my wife doesn't particularly care [at least she doesn't express it] about what I spend my funny money on. The grand total of all I've spent on this computer and motovlogging gear in the last year could choke some, but it's around $6,000 USD.

-John

View attachment 6005
Very nice John, awesome rig. Have you compared Premier Pro to DaVinci Resolve? Using PP at the moment but have seen a lot of videos with people using resolve.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I am running a 3070 GPU with 8 GB on it and the motherboard is at 64GB RAM. I have the RGB set to corresponding temps and when I render, things get pretty heated up.

I stuck with air cooling vs. liquid because due to supply chain interruptions that is what was available at the time with the graphics card I wanted.

My next goal is to upgrade my monitor. Right now the one I have is old but won't give up!

Sorry no pics as I cannot give away all the secret squirrel secrets.

1633377412503.jpeg

Last edited:

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Very nice John, awesome rig. Have you compared Premier Pro to DaVinci Resolve? Using PP at the moment but have seen a lot of videos with people using resolve.

Thanks! No, I didn't look at PP because at the time, I wanted Free... so I evaluated HitFilm Express, VSDC, and Davinci Resolve. Resolve won, and I ended up dropping the coin for the Studio version after about 4 or 5 months, and wish I'd done it on Day 1.

I love Resolve, and now I'm used to it, so unless someone comes out with a program that takes my ideas from my head and my footage from my computer and makes the video for me, I probably won't be switching.

-John

Reactions: LandyVlad

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
I am running a 3070 GPU with 8 GB on it and the motherboard is at 64GB RAM. I have the RGB set to corresponding temps and when I render, things get pretty heated up.

I stuck with air cooling vs. liquid because due to supply chain interruptions that is what was available at the time with the graphics card I wanted.

My next goal is to upgrade my monitor. Right now the one I have is old but won't give up!

Sorry no pics as I cannot give away all the secret squirrel secrets.

View attachment 6006
Nice set up, I think that's going to be my next two goals, upgrading to 32GB RAM then a new monitor as mine is only 1080p at 75hz.

Exciting times!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO