Full time motovloggers

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I'm still trying to figure out how they do this full time. I know sponsorship plays a big part in it. But looking at someone like Walterific with 1.8 million subs, he has a hard time getting most of his video views over 100k. Which to me seems like a bad math and he should have alot more views than that. Is it more the views or the subs that got him full time? Just curious.

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
It will have been the revenue from the views. Subs don't mean views unfortunately. You get revenue for adverts on your videos and some subscribers may donate via Patreon or Paypal, they will also sell merch (t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, etc. Sponsorship deals can help, but I'd have thought mostly reviews would just get them free products rather than a pay packet.
Now for someone to decide to go full time on YouTube they have to look at what they earn vs what YouTube and the other bits and bobs can earn them. So someone who has a job on minimum wage would find it easier to transition full time to YouTube, where as someone who earns £40k or $60k USA for example, would find it harder to break even by moving over.

Reactions: 808MLS and R-Rated

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Also don't forget that YouTube and Adsense payout for all videos monetized and viewed over the course of a month.

Something like this -

Newest video - piddly views
Previous video - more piddly views
And so on

If the creator is lucky then they heavily watched videos every month even if it is older content.

All that adds up. Back before Adpocolypse I was pulling in almost $100 per month with less than 200 subs.

Reactions: HippoDrone

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Go to socialblade or a similar site and have a look at his actual stats. He's averaging 162,000 views a day, and 1100 new subscribers a day.
Do the math on that and see if you think it would pay the way.

You have to remember its no one vid thats getting watched its every video.

I'd say hes easy getting around 100k in add revenue even with all the changes.

chrisw959

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
www.chriswallace959.weebly.com
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I had the same thought a while ago. Taking R-Rated's addition and Patreon I can see how people could get by. But I still wonder how they with multiple higher end things. Cars, insurance etc. I haven't watched any other Walters vids in a fair while. But I know he'd spent a fair amount on his jeep plus the R8 that I've just seen his brought. Not hate on the guy his found away of doing it that earns .

Reactions: HippoDrone

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
He spends alot of money. I like his videos and its great that he's found a way to make it his job. I was just really curious because I was thinking about the numbers I'd have to do to go full-time YouTube. I'd have to be bigger than Walter for me to make more money than I'm making now. Good thing it's a hobby :)

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
If you really want to make money as a YouTuber and get a more views on your videos you need to understand how the YouTube algorithm works.
I highly recommend watching Graham Stephan's YouTube Creator Course.
With his code 100OFF it costs $300, but IMO it's completely worth it as if you will most likely learn things from it that will make that money back.
I'm not getting anything out of sharing this course, just sharing because I've watched it and have learned a lot from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Want your video here?
Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts