Forum notifications odd behavior

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Has anyone else noticed, that when you have no notifications on the forum, the bell icon has the number one for a brief moment, when you open the page?
Also, when you have X amount of notifications, it shows X+1 for a moment, and then drops by 1 number.
iMxrskNDuuo if anyone wants to see visual aid, for the explanation.

This does not happen all the time, but it happens more often than not. I use mainly Chrome and Chromium browsers. Is it related to the browser, or is the cause somewhere else? I first spotted it maybe in end of November or beginning of December, not sure anymore.

Apr 6, 2018
Has anyone else noticed, that when you have no notifications on the forum, the bell icon has the number one for a brief moment, when you open the page?
Also, when you have X amount of notifications, it shows X+1 for a moment, and then drops by 1 number.
iMxrskNDuuo if anyone wants to see visual aid, for the explanation.

This does not happen all the time, but it happens more often than not. I use mainly Chrome and Chromium browsers. Is it related to the browser, or is the cause somewhere else? I first spotted it maybe in end of November or beginning of December, not sure anymore.
Bolded part yes. Also in chrome.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've had iirc 5 spurious new posts showing on the bell for a fraction of a second when I log in too, I get it on Facebook as well on my Hippo-Drones page, so I thought it was an issue with my PC. I'll ask Dan if it is an issue with the site or just with our browsers (I use Chrome too).

Reactions: Theodor

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I've had iirc 5 spurious new posts showing on the bell for a fraction of a second when I log in too, I get it on Facebook as well on my Hippo-Drones page, so I thought it was an issue with my PC. I'll ask Dan if it is an issue with the site or just with our browsers (I use Chrome too).
Maybe it's on purpose, to be more like what people are used to with fb and yt :D

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts