First Attempt At An Intro

OOmpiMoto

motovlogging n00b
Aug 12, 2016
Gold Coast, QLD
I ride a
2007 ER-6n
So I decided to have a go at a basic intro to learn a new piece of software.
It is intentionally really short & no audio.
But I am looking for suggestions on how to improve it for future versions.

Let loose with the comments/grilling begin.

Ghaniba

Explorer
Aug 23, 2016
Northeastern CT
I ride a
R1200GS, TT250, CSC RX3, etc...
Looks cool. I'm not sure why you're pausing the video -- Try letting it roll in the back with your name coming up to fill the screen, and perhaps some sort of dark clouding/blur behind your name to make it easily readable.

I'm still not sure if I like the super short intros -- I did mine pretty short as well, but I am thinking I may make some mods to it so that it lasts around 7-10 seconds.

Dave aka Ghaniba

OOmpiMoto

motovlogging n00b
Aug 12, 2016
Gold Coast, QLD
I ride a
2007 ER-6n
Cheers for the feedback guys.

My intention was to use this as a quick instert over other video/audio. eg. leave the vlog audio going as this runs through.
I'll do an example use case and post that to show you guys and see what you think.

What if the pause was shorter?

Captain

Professional Amateur Vlogger
Aug 15, 2016
West Yorkshire. England
I ride a
2008 Yamaha R125
2001 Honda CBR929RR
What you should consider is that when youtube videos start playing they are usually in a small section of the screen and if viewers select the 'full screen' icon then by the time it has resized and the viewer has adjusted to a bigger video image then a short intro part to your blog will have ended, or be ending.

OOmpiMoto

motovlogging n00b
Aug 12, 2016
Gold Coast, QLD
I ride a
2007 ER-6n
What you should consider is that when youtube videos start playing they are usually in a small section of the screen and if viewers select the 'full screen' icon then by the time it has resized and the viewer has adjusted to a bigger video image then a short intro part to your blog will have ended, or be ending.

I did not even think of this scenario. Thanks

OOmpiMoto

motovlogging n00b
Aug 12, 2016
Gold Coast, QLD
I ride a
2007 ER-6n
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Here is what i have come up with for V2. I have decided to put some sort of audio with it but not sure what as yet.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Only thing I'd say and its kinda unrelated but not to your channel

What happens if you ever sell your bike?

OOmpiMoto

motovlogging n00b
Aug 12, 2016
Gold Coast, QLD
I ride a
2007 ER-6n

I did think about that after I created the channel, but I am in no position to be changing bikes for quite a while.
Knowing myself I might loose interest before then anyway. (hopefully not though)

But should it happen that I change bikes..... I will probably not bother re-branding or starting a new channel.
Some how I don't think a change of bike will have a huge affect on me or the channel as I do not expect to get big with this.
It is more of a past time to help me deal with some shit in my life. Kinda of like an excuse to go out and ride more to clear my head.

I appreciate the thought and support that anyone has given or will give in the future.

Reactions: Ghaniba

Captain

Professional Amateur Vlogger
Aug 15, 2016
West Yorkshire. England
I ride a
2008 Yamaha R125
2001 Honda CBR929RR
The intro is much better now without the fades and the length is better. If all your vlogs are to start with this then I would maybe go for 10secs in length.

Reactions: OOmpiMoto

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
Yeah I'll agree, v2 flows better. Plus a little longer, serving its purpose (so grabs your attention, just before the main Vid starts).

Different Alias/Name to the one you use here though?

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.

I thought about this too (making a YouTube channel using the bike make/model as part of the Name)... there's other (worse) scenarios too, writing off the bike, or it gets stolen. :( Will probably end up using a variation of my first name.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts