Facebook And Videos

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I had someone ask why I did not just upload my videos directly to Facebook vs. having them on YouTube and posting the link on Facebook. So I began to wonder - does anyone here do that? What are the pros and cons? What is the max time a video can be in length on Facebook? Max resolution?

What say you motovloggers?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Think more people use youtube to watch videos... My facebook seems to be full of "meme" videos and pranks lol

I will occasionally put a teaser video or a snippet up though :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I think YouTube has a larger reach and although it nerfs the videos, it doesn't seem to do it as badly as Facebook does.
I do think people would be more likely to click on a Facebook video posted directly on Facebook than a YouTube video posted on Facebook but they are more casual views and less likely to subscribe to your page. Also Facebook won't promote your videos unless you pay them to whereas YouTube will promote your videos for free.

Reactions: R-Rated

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Facebook videos suck, as a viewer. Unable to get rid of ads, halfway ads. At least with Youtube I can select the least intrusive form of ads for my viewers or do without entirely.

They also compress your videos like hell. I hate shooting trip videos in higher fidelity, color graded, edited and all the shebang, only for Facebook to turn it into a blocky blurry mess.

NF Vulcan

Never Hold In A Fart
Aug 26, 2017
Nebraska USA
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600 SE
my biggest gripe about facebook videos is that I can watch a 30 sec video on facebook with a 15 sec ad in the middle. that makes me want to click out of the video. I agree with posting a YT link to my videos. although I may put a video up in the future.

chrisw959

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
www.chriswallace959.weebly.com
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
my biggest gripe about facebook videos is that I can watch a 30 sec video on facebook with a 15 sec ad in the middle. that makes me want to click out of the video. I agree with posting a YT link to my videos. although I may put a video up in the future.
I agree with you on the ads. Put them before like yt and ill be happy but midway through a vid annoys the living daylight out of me

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts