matth1138

inlinetriple.com
Jul 22, 2011
Probably near St. Louis, MO, USA
www.inlinetriple.com
I ride a
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
Hey guys and gals,

I've had feedback, good and bad, for the current dark color scheme, but I'm planning a refresh this summer. I have a few thoughts in mind, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

Please use this thread to let me know what you'd like to see, lighter, darker, what colors, etc. I'm planing on refreshing the logo as well, but that will be dependent on where I land on a color palette.

By the way, the performance of the current dark scheme is really dependent on the color accuracy and settings of your monitor. It looks great on 2 of my platforms, but horrible on my native Mac Air laptop screen. I had to do some major calibration work to get it to be readable there.

Thanks for your input!

Miggs7170

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
www.youtube.com
I ride a
GSXR 600
I'd like to see it lightened up. The blue is fine, but lighter background (white - I know, *boring,* but you asked). Logo could use a refresh - cleaner lines maybe.

And don't forget the "Thanks" button! :)

Appreciate the work you've put in thus far.

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
It might be my screen, but I have a hard time seeing the link texts and stuff with this background. I'm game with anything, as long as it's easier for the eye to focus on. :-D

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Maybe it's just me but I sometimes think that a darker background is easier on the eye. YouTube's pure white background can occasionally get a bit dazzling in a dark room.

Perhaps if the background on the forum was made lighter, but not pure white?

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
gpzDave said:
Maybe it's just me but I sometimes think that a darker background is easier on the eye. YouTube's pure white background can occasionally get a bit dazzling in a dark room.

Perhaps if the background on the forum was made lighter, but not pure white?

Say, pink? :p

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
I personally don't mind the darker backgrounds, but agree with Dave where reading on white backgrounds in darker rooms can be annoying.

I wouldn't say the forum as a particularly "modern" look to it, but that doesn't really bother me, as long as it's easy to navigate and see information clearly. If you are going for a modern look then a lighter theme might be suitable.

I have always been a fan of the thanks/rating system, I think the active members on here wouldn't abuse it, just a nice way to promote quality throughout the board.

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R
You know my opinion on this, I really think the colours of the forum should be inverted - black font colour and clear background.

I'd personally go for a sober Mac-like colour palette, silver-metal-aluminium-clear blue etc.

Just my two cents.

Soukki44

Wannabie Member
Apr 15, 2013
France
I ride a
Suzuki GS500
Yep, i agree something brighter would be great.
White on gray is ok. It's not i don't like blue on grey but sometimes it's a little hard to read.
V

Wilks89

Wannabie Member
Feb 11, 2012
Long Beach, Mississippi
I ride a
2007 Honda VFR800
I ran a phpbb board back in the 90s and I normally kept 5 different themes or styles so the user could pick which one they enjoyed the best. Dont quite understand why that can not be accomplished here.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Background colour is nice, it doesn't shout out like other forums (or the white from youtube).

Making the font just a little bit lighter bleu or a more bright colour should do the trick

Mr AusAdventure

Adventure is as Adventure does
Sep 16, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki V-Strom DL650 + A MTB!
I would say definitely move away from the dark look and have a dark text on a light background. It may seem boring, but it is more user friendly.

A larger text (just slightly) would be beneficial too for those of us who are the wrong side of 40 and whose eyes may not be as good as they once were.

I reckon improving the basic appearance of the site to one that was a little more user friendly would make it more appealing to first time visitors. Might make more join up rather than pass through? Who knows? Just my thoughts. :D

MichaelsMotorcycle

Wannabie Member
Apr 16, 2013
Texas
I ride a
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
A couple things i would like to see is to move the time stamps from the bottom of a post to where its above a persons username, and also after i click submit, we get rid of that confirmation page, i want to see my post in the thread instead of that. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts