General Dual Vlog With The Wife.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
I'd really appreciate some feedback on this one. Was it entertaining? Should I do more of these with the wife?

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I enjoyed it and I think you're onto something. She's got a great attitude and really adds something to the vlog.

Personally, I think it could help to have a topic to talk about to keep things rolling. You guys had some really good moments but it started a little slow and felt like you were trying to keep everything and pad the time. So, yeah, some good stuff but it just jumps around a lot. I just think a little more thread to keep it all together a little more would add something.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Thanks for the feedback!

It's interesting to hear you say that it felt like it was jumping around. I always try to cut out the boring / less interesting clips.

The other side of that is, cutting out slow/ less interesting parts I feel like it inherently will jump around.

Any thoughts on making it flow better?

Thanks!

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
If you have a topic you have a better chance of creating a thread between clips that seems more natural.

If you talk about 15 things with no natural transitions and cut out the dead space, every time you cut back you're on a different topic. It feels disjointed.

If you talk about 1 or 2 topics you have a related clip to cut back to most times. Then you can cut in the tangents in between major topics so that they are little asides and still fun, but not the entirety of the video.

Also, the more you guys do this together you will develop a natural rapport that helps keep things together and not broken up. You'll naturally build in segues that get around the issue. And you'll get better at using those segues and your second angle to cover the bigger cuts.

You obviously already know how to talk to one another, sense of humor, etc. You just need to finish transitioning that to a video setting where you have to force yourself to keep talking and linking topics.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Thanks! I'll be keeping this in the back of my mind and see what I can come up with for next time.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Quite like this to be honest. I watched it all.

I think it is a fine line between a duel vlog for the public and just a recording of a husband and wife chatting though.

I'd defo watch more if I saw you do another one

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Drakhen99 Members Vlogs 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts