Drop In Views

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Just curious, but does anyone experience or notice a drop of views on your channel during the Summer or warm months of the year?

By this I mean when people my be more prone to be outside and not watching YouTube.

- Wuf

Reactions: R-Rated

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Nope, because currently here in Australia its almost summer, and when its winter here my USA and UK audience take off.

My views through the year are quite consistent.

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
May through September according analytics shows a slight reduction. I guess the northern hemisphere does not get bored until October...

Look at how the major TV networks run. Don't they start the new viewing season for shows around that cycle too?

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Makes sense. Ironically, a vlogger group on Facebook just asked the same question about viewing drops during the Northern hemisphere Summer months. This may be the time to post more.

- Wuf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm still in my first years so no data to compare really and as my channel is growing I don't think I'd be able to tell. I know some of my videos are less popular with the younger viewers (don't think they are into castles as much as I am lol) but other videos have done really well.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I'm still in my first years so no data to compare really and as my channel is growing I don't think I'd be able to tell. I know some of my videos are less popular with the younger viewers (don't think they are into castles as much as I am lol) but other videos have done really well.

Attracting the younger viewers seems to be a challenge for me too. I mean, come on, I am a hip cat that knows about the niftiest trends right? Right?
tenor.gif

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Seriously, if it isn't scared to death, it would be really funny to record peoples reactions to seeing that.
Of course you'll get a lot of hate for endangering it...

True, true. I think I will test with riding a bicycle with it first. Here in the states, there are bikers with dogs riding around so why not a cat?

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I've only been doing regular uploads since June my views are usually 16 - 20 views apart from a few spefic videos such as:

• First Motovlog - 69
  • Bike Nights - 29
  • Laying Her Down (Crash Vid) - 67
  • RTTW Announcement - 50
  • Just Cause It Has A Motorcycle Engine Dosen't Mean You Can Filter - 26
  • Wheres The Line? - 23
  • Ride To The Wall - 453
  • Motorcylist Take A Stand - 56
  • CLICKBAIT - 30
These are videos that are videos calling out bad drivers or an big event.

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Interestingly I haven't posted a vlog in a few weeks. My views are still going along the same.

I also joined a facebook group which showed me the kind of shit that people will watch and sub to.

I have seen so many channels that are just stealing stuff off other people and getting more subs than you could ever hope for as a motovlogger.

PlanZ

Wannabie Member
Oct 15, 2017
North York Moors
I ride a
XSR700 - CRF250L
I have seen so many channels that are just stealing stuff off other people and getting more subs than you could ever hope for as a motovlogger.

Because they know how to work the system and maintain interest.
Titles, thumbnails, tags - these are important.
Youtube is basically a rather clever search engine.
This is an interesting site which lets you see roughly what can be earned from uploading stuff that gets a lot of views.
http://socialblade.com/

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Because they know how to work the system and maintain interest.
Titles, thumbnails, tags - these are important.
Youtube is basically a rather clever search engine.
This is an interesting site which lets you see roughly what can be earned from uploading stuff that gets a lot of views.
http://socialblade.com/

No they just steal other peoples work its simple as that.

As for social blade don't get me started on that scam.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I liked your post ironically, yes, the internet is rife with thieves and pirates.... we (not me) are just as bad... I see so many say they use "free versions" of editing software or asking for help regarding software issues on software they can "no longer update". When I broke my back and was stuck in hospital so many of my friends offered me current films on memory sticks to help me survive the boredom of being stuck in hospital... and when I was at sea it was the same.... folk don't seem to see the harm in harmlessly sharing content that is owned by others.
If I like a program/film, and want to watch it when it isn't on tv I buy it.
Being honest is something for folk like us, it isn't apparently for big tubers who feel they will never get a copyright strike as the content they steal is by small youtubers who think it helps their channels

Reactions: EDcase and R-Rated

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I get lower views on holidays. Higher views when new bikes are released

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
So am I getting this right - when you're hip, you get views, but not so, after hip replacement?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts