Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos

I know a few things about drones. I own a few and I’m allowed to use mine as I have permission from the queen ;) @HippoDrone and @Lurch csn verify I’m a ‘commercial pilot’

Although this is for fun and no rules, kinda broken... this doesn’t show drone users in a good light ;)

Mainly that Crumble (who I’ve met once or twice) doesn’t know how to control or what his drone does and more than a few times didn’t have the drone in ‘line of sight’ as he was riding a bike lol

What’s your thoughts? I’m sure we’ll see more drones in vlogs, I will be because I can ha but not riding while no one controls mine ;)

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
A drone for a motovlogger is a thing you buy and think I'll use that all the time.

Use it twice and forget about it, because you got a 360 camera to use twice instead. :p

I have a 360 and only used once ha

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I love the extra perspective they can add to a video. The follow option is awesome.
A lot of users (myself included) will play with them trying to learn how they work and through enthusiasm and excitement will share those vids in their vlogs. We all had to learn somewhere. Wasn't Crumble in the middle of nowhere recording this?
I hardly use my Mavic Pro, but it does add to a video. I just wish I could remember to press the record button more often as I have done that several times now and left thinking that I had some awesome footage to find when I got home I had nothing :D

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Wasn't Crumble in the middle of nowhere recording this?

That part was bang on, I don't think he was doing anything dodgy - However, he rode a motorbike (I probs will one day) so he didn't have full control of the drone, impossible to control both.... And line of sight ;)

Its also quite worrying that he didn't really know how to use it which he stated a few times, also the return to home... he should have known it would go 'home' ha

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Drones are very tricky indeed. Combining with riding and things can go bad real quick.

Way back when I was practicing I had two occasions where hawks thought my Spark was something to check out. I had to relocate one time because of them (getting stationary shots of the bike) and the other I had to land and try another day (standing in my yard).

The Spark is so small it does not take much to lose sight. At the max height the FAA allows of 400', I hear it better than I see it. I may have to put a bit of safety green paint on the bottom.

Drones can be useful for perspective showing a road layout or maybe a short aerial shot but then the time to setup, tell the subject how to ride so as not to outrun the drone, shoot, reshoot, and take down really is takes the momentum out of things.

Still fun though and good to have just in case.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts