Drift HD - will only video for a few secs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulevet

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2013
I ride a
KT
Any advice appreciated - a friend of mine has a Drift HD - reason he cant post - he's in the middle of the Gibson desert!! Anyway he has emailed back saying he has a problem with the cam - can't take videos of more than a few seconds - no more info than that - anyone know what might be the issue here - cheers

Romans5.8

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2013
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Is he using a fast enough card? Some camcorders can hang up like that if you use a slower (Class 4, etc.) card. Is it a new card?

kulevet

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2013
I ride a
KT
Will ask him - I have had that scenario before with my camera thanks - anyone wig
any other possible causes?

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Could be a corrupt card, or sand inside the unit messing with stuff.

Chris033081

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2013
Western Washington
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson XL1200C-ANV
Depending on the age of the camera and the type of cards used before, much like the sand theory, it may be possible that the cards are not seating fully and thus not making a proper connection at the pins. Has that card been formatted recently?

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Chris033081 said:
Depending on the age of the camera and the type of cards used before, much like the sand theory, it may be possible that the cards are not seating fully and thus not making a proper connection at the pins.

Ooh, maybe the heat of the sunlight, or heat in general of a desert, warped the card body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts