General Do I miss the Harley Davidson lifestyle / culture?

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I've had many viewers ask me if I miss the H-D lifestyle since buying my 2018 Honda Goldwing. The truth is yes, leaving the Harley Culture after being in it for 25 years was something I strongly pondered when I bought my Wing. In this motovlog I attempt to answer questions like these, which is not straightforward as I still wear Harley Davidson riding gear and own tons of Harley Davidson stuff.

Reactions: LandyVlad

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
I found this video interesting as i grew up the son of a Harley dealership owner. Always interesting to me to hear stories of Harley owners leaving, most everyone I know of leave others and move to harleys not so much the other way around.

Reactions: Moto Mengy

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
The son of a HD Dealer, wow CVentures that's awesome!

LandyVlad, that's one thing I'm curious to see as I roll the miles onto my Goldwing: will it need any repairs or just regular maintenance? Six of my seven HD's needed some major servicing, a few really major, and that's not uncommon with HD's. Honda's are supposed to be super reliable and I aim to put that to the test!

Reactions: LandyVlad

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
I stopped riding HD as well. I miss the bike a bit but not the culture, as I'm still the same and still meeting and riding with the same people :)

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Man, I was a Kawi guy looking in on the Harley lifestyle LOL. Lots of my friends ride HD. Then, I got my Vaquero and shortly after, my wife bought her Sporty 1200. 3 years later, I got my Street Glide Special, and I quickly accumulated a ton of HD gear... I couldn't imagine riding a different bike now - I love my FLHXS! It's got about 9,400 miles on it now, almost 6,500 of them are mine (it was new, but in the dealer's demo fleet when I bought it), and other than needing to be on a tender and synthetic oil installed at the 5k service, it hasn't failed yet.

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
For many years I couldn't imagine riding anything but a Harley either, but now I see them as just another option among a sea of options! :cool:

Reactions: HippoDrone

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
On wide and straight American roads I would probably think the same ;)

Probably! I'm not a very aggressive rider - I can count the number of times I've scraped hard parts on a cruiser, on one hand. In fact, it's 2. I find that for my style of riding, the Harley just ticks all the boxes for me, looks being one of them. I looked at Yamaha's bagger and BMW's K1600B, but at the end of the day I just couldn't get over their styling. The Kawasaki Vaquero I had before my Glide was beautiful and I enjoyed riding it, but the Harley IMHO is better.

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Members Vlogs 0

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts