Copyright Music

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
I have a small channel on YouTube l, as I've only been around for a few months. I use music from bands I like for highway footage or just mash ups of riding footage I didn't vlog with.

Someone commented yesterday saying I should be careful using music that's copyrighted, YT could remove or mute my videos.

My question is, would they really do this even tho I'm not trying to monetize my channel currently, and make no claim of ownership to the music? YT lets me know the conditions the copyright will allow the audio to stay, and I have no problem agreeing with their terms usually (ex: not visible in some countries, monetized by claimants)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
It will happen if YouTube detects the song. If you don't have a problem with it then it's no issue. Just means someone else gets the few cents from your video.

Reactions: HippoDrone

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Do they still have the ability to limit viewing the video to certain countries and locations?

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Do they still have the ability to limit viewing the video to certain countries and locations?
Yea one of my videos are restricted from certain countries. Lol I don't understand why they do that tho

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
It will happen if YouTube detects the song. If you don't have a problem with it then it's no issue. Just means someone else gets the few cents from your video.
I don't mind. I suppose if I were to get huge like doitwithdan or something then maybe It would bother me. But that'll be the day. Haha

Leon Loco

Roar at things.
Mar 30, 2016
NY/NJ/FL/TX/etc
leonloco.com
I ride a
Many loud things.
Yea one of my videos are restricted from certain countries. Lol I don't understand why they do that tho

Because Google has licensing agreements in some countries and not others for various labels. The ones that do and agreed to the licensing agreement are those the videos are playable in.

The Music industry is legal hell on a good day. Bottom line is if you're using popular music on a video without a license, the YT bots will eventually find it and mute it.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Should just avoid popular music. If you need to use music at all in your videos and don't have the skills and equipment to make your own, try the Youtube Audio Library.

Those are all copyright and royalty free, albeit not always the best of quality as far as songwriting goes.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
there is a guy on here offering music he made for motovloggers. he has a post about it somewhere

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
I'd stay clear of copyrighted music buddy, when they catch up you'll have the audio/entire video disabled and also a warning against your account per video.

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
I'd stay clear of copyrighted music buddy, when they catch up you'll have the audio/entire video disabled and also a warning against your account per video.

I'm not sure what you mean, they've already told me about it being copyrighted and are allowing the audio to stay as long as I agree with their conditions. And my status says good.

VaRider

Wannabie Member
Jan 4, 2016
I ride a
2012 Honda CBR250R
there is a guy on here offering music he made for motovloggers. he has a post about it somewhere
that's me! =) I am willing to help you guys out. I know how much of a pain it is with Youtube sometimes. I had a video tagged that had a "picture" of an F-14 in it, Paramount claimed infringement on Top Gun. I am pretty sure the picture was not from the movie, anywhoooo... I have done some work for RoadSprock and Reize. I am still learning the video side of things so I am not just a guy trolling for business here. I am trying to be part of this community as well. =)

Captain

Professional Amateur Vlogger
Aug 15, 2016
West Yorkshire. England
I ride a
2008 Yamaha R125
2001 Honda CBR929RR
If you do use music is there a clip length that YouTube will ignore? I've used two intro clips in the past that have had well known music as part of the intro but have had no problems with copyright?

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
If you do use music is there a clip length that YouTube will ignore? I've used two intro clips in the past that have had well known music as part of the intro but have had no problems with copyright?

I'd like to know this too. Plus your Intro lasts just seconds (usually), it's not like you are running a few minutes of a chart song at the start of your video, right?

Clint Love

It doesn't say CUNT, dammit!
Jun 17, 2015
Dallas, Texas
www.therealclintlove.com
I ride a
2007 Ducati 1098s
One thing I've noticed is instead of using songs by the original artists, if use covers by more obscure artists (I use Lydia Lunch's cover of Don't Fear The Reaper in one vid, as an example) they won't catch it. Now if you use a famous cover of a famous song, you're probably gonna get busted.

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
YouTube has a list of copyright music that it allows you to use, as long as you don't monetize it.
The copyright owners may choose to monetize your video and ads will appear on it.
The owners may also allow you to revenue share with them. I made a video about it with all the
details if you want to find it on my channel, but the music can be found by;
1. Click on your YouTube icon (upper right corner) and go to Creator Studio.
2. Click on Create (lower left corner)
3. Click on Music Policies
4. There's the music.
You can search by song, artist or album. Click on the song to show any restrictions or rules to follow.
You can also hear a brief sample of the song.
This is only a list. You have to get the actual music from elsewhere. Whether you pay or get if free is up to you.

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
Check out NoCopyrightSounds, if you watch snowcat's channel you may recognise some of their music. Anything they produce is allowed for use on youtube so long as you credit the artist and post a link in your description. You have to buy the music but its not an expensive license, just a normal price for an album and its quality stuff

Reactions: Marbro_za

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Most of Approaching Nirvana's music is free to use on commercial and private content, as long as you buy it. The exceptions are music of theirs that are remixes of other music they don't have all the copyrights for themselves.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts