DownShift43

Wannabie Member
Oct 21, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Aprilia RS125
Yamaha YZF-R125
Kawasaki Ninja 250R
just wondering whats better the new contour + or the new Drift HD (small one) if you have any videos of both the cameras please put a link in a msg thanks

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Re: Contour or Drift

Drift is way ahead of the contour, in easy of use, reliability, video quality, the list goes on

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a

TheGlock17shooter said:
Didn't billmaa have problems with the drift corrupting files?

That can't be avoided completely with any camera, it's not happened to me or many other people though. The contour had/has a lot a teething problems, also the HD quality isn't that great, always appears really soft, and the colour definition isn't great either.

POPE5HAT

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2011
I ride a

Always Drift (I wouldn't buy anything else now i have one).

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)

NLRider2012 just made a video about his new Contour +. His wife has the Drift 170 and Drift Stealth I think so he has some insights on this topic. I'll find his video...

NLRider2012's video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEsKbBkoUJk[/youtube]

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S

We had a similar discussion on Twitter yesterday!

The only people I've ever seen say good things about the drift is curly and cheesecake.
Everyone else is just full of hate for it.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a

If you want to know about the contour + problems ask PZ

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk

I dunno...they are both pretty damn awesome. I think I heard somewhere that all you need to do to start recording on the Contour + was slide the large top switch after it's powered on? That's pretty awesome. I always have trouble finding the "record" button on the drift with my helmet on if I don't have a remote with me. It would be even harder with the smaller buttons on the Drift HD. Although, I'm not sure if there is some sort of audible "beeeeep" on the Contour+ when it starts recording like the Drift does.

For picture quality, I think the Contour+ is superior. The Drift does something funny with the colors when it's bright out. I'm not sure how either camera fully reacts to high contrast situations.

For looks, they are both small and great, but the Contour protrudes from the helmet less it seems.

I'm not sure how the battery is on either, but I love the battery life on my Stealth.

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.

Friz said:
We had a similar discussion on Twitter yesterday!

The only people I've ever seen say good things about the drift is curly and cheesecake.
Everyone else is just full of hate for it.

I've had no issues with mine. It even handles a period of rain. Could be that most are like me, I just don't go around advertising it as the one and only. It does everything I need it to do and that was how I made the choice to get one. IMO choose what suits your needs.

DownShift43

Wannabie Member
Oct 21, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Aprilia RS125
Yamaha YZF-R125
Kawasaki Ninja 250R
as all of you are basicly going with the new drift, ive decided to go with the drift myself over the contour as ive watched a few videos of the drift and its alot cheeper than the contour, so when i get some money together im going to buy the drift next month as im buying a 32inch t.v next week and i will also make a vlog about it as soon as my back gets better

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
gpzDave said:
GoPro HD is always an option. You just need to sync the sound from a voice recorder with the video.

GoPro2 now has external mic input, no syncing. :)

Surprised there's no love for the Replay HD 1080, it stacks up pretty darn well against the rest.

TheGardenSnake

Wannabie Member
Nov 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
www.youtube.com
I ride a
DRZ400SM
Both the new go pro and Contours are pretty sweet. You can see there trying to catch up to some for the things the drift those. The drift still owns them in simplicity. But one big thing to keep in mind is the cost. The new Contour and GoPro are twice the cost of the Drift stealth.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
TheGardenSnake said:
The drift still owns them in simplicity.

Persoanlly I think the GoPro is the best for simplicity, turn on, point & your filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts