Closed Captioning

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I tried it for one video to see what would happen, I agree it seems quite clumsy to use and doesn't always line up.

I actually did one in another language to see if that helped also. Which it didn't really.

I think if you had enough viewers in another language it could be worth using a paid system to set it up but that would be all.

Reactions: R-Rated

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Where is that option in youtube? i suppose that is while uploading, or can you add "manually" subtitles to a uploaded video?

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Bring this thread back out since YouTube is ...well you know.

I have checked out Amazon and love that possibility BUT the videos must be closed captioned.

Anyone have a suggestion on an Android and Windows captioning program? I don't mind cleaning up captions but do not want to have to generate them all from scratch each time.

Reactions: HippoDrone

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I have one vid with CC, its so wrong its funny.

I have no idea how it YouTube does it but I could see editing text into a video not taking up too much time.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
You can manually make your own subtitles in youtube. It is time consuming though.
When you're in list of your videos, in creator studio. Videos have edit button, with a small arrow next to them. When you click on the arrow and select subtitles (probably, youtube uses regional language, so I don't know the exact expression, it uses in English). Then you can add subtitles, in as many languages, as you like. You can trim the length of each text portion shown, and type in what it should say.
I translated one of my ... well it's not really a video, its an image, with audio. But it's in Estonian, so I added English subtitles. Video is less than 5 minutes, it took me half an hour, to have the subtitles, how I wanted them.

I must say, the amount of views, the video receives, increased significantly, after adding the subtitles.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
You can manually make your own subtitles in youtube. It is time consuming though.
I just tried this,
When you're in list of your videos, in creator studio. Videos have edit button, with a small arrow next to them. When you click on the arrow and select subtitles (probably, youtube uses regional language, so I don't know the exact expression, it uses in English). Then you can add subtitles, in as many languages, as you like. You can trim the length of each text portion shown, and type in what it should say.
I translated one of my ... well it's not really a video, its an image, with audio. But it's in Estonian, so I added English subtitles. Video is less than 5 minutes, it took me half an hour, to have the subtitles, how I wanted them.

I must say, the amount of views, the video receives, increased significantly, after adding the subtitles.
thanks for the tip! I just tried this on an existing vid. I had YouTube add CC then I went through and corrected the errors. It was very easy but did take some time, I would guess 4 times longer than the video itself. As far as the vid getting more traffic, it's only been 10 hours for this one so I'm not seeing any improvement, time will tell!

Reactions: HippoDrone

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Want your video here?
Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts