Channel emails about products to review

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
I recently got an email on my relatively dead channel from a fellow who apparently wants me to review their glue-based anti-fog helmet insert.
Despite my spammer-sense tickling the thing seems very legit all things considered. Question is, how many of you guys are getting these mails?

My channel has like 120 subs or something, and I don't really review products to begin with so this is my first encounter with such emails.

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Have had similar on my old channel asking me to review games, never bothered as I was only getting around 5 views on my vids lol :D

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I don't think you are missing out in the majority of cases, it is them spamming mainly, wanting free advertisement of their normally substandard product, and because they target small channels, they often do positive reviews in the hope to get either an influx of subscribers, or a future sponsorship etc that never happens

Reactions: R-Rated

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I've had a couple over the years. Only ever had one send me stuff though.

Which reminds me I really should do a review on it one day.

SM26

Supermoto isn't just a bike, it's a way of life
Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
I've got some requests over the years,
but then where done in person, not via email.

IMHO, what do you have to lose?
give it a go.

Meifesto

Tarmac crosser
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I had gearbest contacted me.
At first, it started quite interesting, but low-cost items.
Then they got more and more demanding, at some point 2 video's a week, at least x amount of reviews, some unboxing, sharing their events etc etc.

So i let it bleed out quite quickly.

I got a free jacket, but that it through somebody i know personally, so that works out easier.
Needs a written review, so haven't done anything yet on my channel with it.

Besides that not much. And i'm fine with that. Rather speak open and passionate about something i care, then about something i must.... ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone

SM26

Supermoto isn't just a bike, it's a way of life
Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
Maybe we will start a list of companies, emails, what type of stuff they are looking to cover

and if any Motovloger will want to start a collaboration, it will help them get an easy start?

Reactions: R-Rated

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
The guy who contacted me represents a rather random looking Chinese company. I'm not sure if they can be contacted to do reviews easily.
They linked the product video they got for the product as well:

[edited by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HippoDrone

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I have had a few, before I respond I usually check them out first, and I don't link on their links, I just Google it manually, to be on the safer side, I don't trust links in emails. So far had a few send stuff to me and I always tell them up front that I will try to have the review out as soon as possible or give them a time frame which I can work with, since this is not my main job so I'm not expecting to focus/rush on it. Some are understanding, and some are not, for those that cannot accept my terms, they will turn me down. I had dealt with GearBest as well (like @Meifesto), they did try to get me to review their other stuff but for me, personally, I prefer to review items that interest me, or is useful to me, and not just for the sake of getting something free which I probably don't need.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foreigner0 General Discussion 6
HippoDrone General Discussion 23