Chain Cleaning Interval

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Now I have a bike with a chain... Which means I will need to think about it once in a while.

How often do you relube your chain, and how often do you give it a good clean? Both in terms of time interval and mileage?

Currently it has like a heavy chain grease on it as it came from the dealers.

While I'm at it, at what rate do they stretch? I like to get on with it on a bike, but I don't race it everywhere.

Cheers all!
750 kms interval during general city rides and almost every alternate day during offroads and riding amidst dusty mountains.

Shifty

Motovlogger
Jan 5, 2016
U.K.
shiftyblake.wordpress.com
I ride a
Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT
Nice and simple, check it after each ride, keep it well oiled. Depending on what lube you use depends what dirt sticks. Do it by sight and common sense.

Abay

Wannabie Member
Mar 13, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha MT-25, Yamaha "Vixion" FZ 150
I try to do proper cleaning and lubing everytime I wash my bike, which is once every two weeks, or a little more often if its raining. I only use motorcycle shampoo to clean the chain though, no special cleaner. Is that bad for the chain?

Shifty

Motovlogger
Jan 5, 2016
U.K.
shiftyblake.wordpress.com
I ride a
Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT
Speaking from a high mileage point of view, I never ever cleaned a chain. I used an expensive chain lubricant every ride... covered the lube in wax too in winter. Always tensioned my chain correctly and never ever had to change one or clean one.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts