Can you remove your helmet please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Er why not? It's only a nicely worded request.

Edit: just watched the video.

It's no different to someone asking you to take your shoes off if you go into their house. You can refuse to do so and they can refuse entry.

I don't see a problem with it.

Ultimately you have to weigh up your "arsed" factor...

As in: "can I be arsed to go to another shop who won't ask me to take my helmet off?"

If the answer is yes just walk out and move on.

If it isn't, take it off and stop whining. :)

Re: comparisons to religious head gear, you're unlikely to find a bunch of 16yr old chavs robbing a shop wearing a hijab.

They'd also be as recognisable as hell, running down the road in brightly coloured female clothing.

It's also fear of being sued for discrimination, unlike transportation preference; religion and race along with gender, sexual preferences and disabilities are the only types of discrimination that can fall foul of the law.

Most shop owners don't allow hoodies with hoods up either, but none would be likely to mention anything against religious garments.

In actual fact it makes common sense when those religions and beliefs consider theft a sinful act and only devout followers would actually wear the full garments.

Given the countries where these religions shaped their legal system punish light shoplifting with the loss of a limb, i'd say shop owners over here are applying sense to whose headgear they allow and whose they don't.

Though I probably credit them too much. They probably just hate bikers.

So, continue to shop there or move on, you'll get nowhere trying to reason with them.

If anything you'll fuel the hated some more and they'll start being "that guy" in a queue of traffic who moves over to block your filtering or the smidgaf that puts you down.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

"Can you take your helmet off please?"

"okay"

Simples!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts