Boots

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
So I'm looking at getting a pair of shorty boots, but not really liked anything at my local J&S or GetGeared, so onto the internet I go. Does anyone have any experience of any of the following boots?

a) TCX X-Cube, good review on Revzilla but quite a bit over my budget at £115. This would be my number one choice due to style, waterproof and protection, but I've never spent that much on an item of clothing!

b) Nitro Racing NB-31 - concerned the sole will run out pretty quick

c) Armr Moto Fuji - really like these but not sure how much protection they have. Remind me of 1980s style boots, unfortunately it was mainly women that wore them

d) Merlin Pioneer - waterproof but unclear how much other protection they provide

e) Tuzo Street-X - apparently issues over the zips and general quality

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
Illawarra Region, NSW, Australia
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
Hmmm ... Haven't heard of the listed ones

I have been told that on the whole that BMW boots are some of the best gear, waterproof and comfy too.... When my budget allows I wanna get some of the low calf height ones... They are branded as BMW though so you end up looking like a tosser, so I'm used to that ;)

Basic variety of styling and heights... Might not be your cup of tea .... And fairly $$ ....

I'll take function over form any day though.... Comfy dry feet are always worth it!!

lightitup

Wannabie Member
Jul 20, 2013
north fl
I ride a
1981 kz 550
i want to get a pair of these Speed and Strength Black 9 Moto Shoes. i know they arent really the style ur going for but revzilla just posted there 2014 boot guide

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
If my son gets into biking, that S&S would be his style as he is always wearing those style pumps. They look good and have good protection but not seen that they are waterproof - but my mid-life crisis is stretching to two wheels and growing my hair, don't think I could get away with looking like a teenager again, lol.

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Hmmm ... Haven't heard of the listed ones

I have been told that on the whole that BMW boots are some of the best gear, waterproof and comfy too.... When my budget allows I wanna get some of the low calf height ones... They are branded as BMW though so you end up looking like a tosser, so I'm used to that ;)

Basic variety of styling and heights... Might not be your cup of tea .... And fairly $$ ....

I'll take function over form any day though.... Comfy dry feet are always worth it!!

Cheers Janx, but I'm looking for something that is easy to put on and take off for commuting, and my large footballer's calfs prevent me from having high boots. I remember going skiing once, and after a while I couldn;t do anything as I had totally cramped up. Something I could wear at work would be a bonus. My doc martens work really well in that regard for a scooter, but don't exactly have protection

MrFalloffalot

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2013
Alpha Centuri
I ride a
1983 Kwacka z750 'Scrapheap', +16 more 'Toys'...
Everytime i buy a pair, the 'Pass' test is -
- Zippers (plastic/metal?)
- Heel/Soul (stitched/glued/both)
- Leather (is it REAL or just peeled leather) ive heard leather gets peled apart, upto 3-4layers nowadays..Friggn Chinese manuf.
- Practicality over Bling (i dont giv a shit for looks, when youve 'flown' a few times youll get it :b )
- Price (do i have to morgage the house??)
- Place of manuf. (Much prefer Aussie made, but its getn Harder&harder)

Hope that helps a little.
Good luck.
> : )

Reactions: janx101

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
So I've got the X-Cubes (allegedly brand new) for £90, £25 cheaper than RRP.

Looking forward to them arriving - great review on Revzilla

Reactions: Phill Andera

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO